yconic - What is the subject equivalence in BC and ON? and subjects required for pharmacy?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What is the subject equivalence in BC and ON? and subjects required for pharmacy?

A photo of harmony harmony
I'm currently living in Alberta. I'm thinking about applying to UBC or UofT, but I don't know what subject you need to be able to apply and the mark you need. I want the apply to become a pharmacy, but since the requirements are different, I don't know what do you need anymore. If anyone know, please tell me.
PS:I heard people outside of a province who wants to apply to a university, you only got 10% chance of getting in. Is the true?
Thanks Guys
PPS: Does anyone know what's the quota for phamacy in UBC and UofT? I know there's 130 in UofA..
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of 123abcuwo 123abcuwo
Pharmacy is not a program you can go into straight out of high school. It's a second-entry program that requires you to have completed at least a year or two (depending on the school) of university before applying (and you need to take the PCAT).
For UofT's pharmacy: http://pharmacy.utoronto.ca/programs/bsc/admissions.htm
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Best online resource for questions like these are the school websites.

UBC, U of A, U of T, and Waterloo do not discriminate against out-of-province students. The other pharmacy schools do, and usually, with the exception of Sask, make it really hard for out-of-province students to get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of harmony harmony

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Best online resource for questions like these are the school websites.

UBC, U of A, U of T, and Waterloo do not discriminate against out-of-province students. The other pharmacy schools do, and usually, with the exception of Sask, make it really hard for out-of-province students to get in.

Gee, thanks. I though all the other schools do not accept the out-of-province kid that much. At least I though I've seen it on UBC's website somewhere..
But I don't know the course equivalence..I mean, our course and the courses in the other province varies a little, so I don't know if they'll take me though..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Now that I think about it, yeah, UBC and U of A do prefer students from their corresponding provinces, but they don't have quotas like other schools, excluding the Ontario ones, do.

It isn't hard to find equivalent courses at other schools in other provinces. All the required courses for pharmacy school are very generic and are offered pretty much everywhere.
Was this helpful? Yes 0