yconic - What Is your favorite thing you got for university?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What Is your favorite thing you got for university?

A photo of daub_girl daub_girl
If I were done getting all my things for university I would say that a mini fridge, T.V., Lap top or a car would be my top things if i were to get any of these. What is your favorite thing or most useful or enjoyed thing you got for university?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
47 replies

A photo of Qq Qq
A CAR?!

People have so much trouble paying for university..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
My parents got me a helicopter, but it was a Bell, not a Sikorsky. Like what were they thinking? That's about as cheap as getting a BMW instead of a Bentley. Obviously they don't care much about ME. And you'd think that was the worst of it, but NO. It's a 2009 with 34 hours on the odometer. HOLY! Am I not happy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
^ lol at above post

I will be getting myself a laptop and buying it with my own money in the summer. I may also be buying a BlackBerry in the summer.
I don't really think anyone in university needs a car. There are buses, bikes, trains, etc that can take you places or you could walk.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@oliviacitygirl wrote

I don't really think anyone in university needs a car. There are buses, bikes, trains, etc that can take you places or you could walk.

+1

I'm also getting a laptop for uni. Stoked. :bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
My desk/bookshelf: [url]http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S19861339[/url]

Very spacious and handy to have all my binders/textbooks within reaching distance.

Also, my second monitor. I use a laptop at university and now I have a second monitor connected to it when I'm in my room..makes watching tv/movies while doing homework/talking on msn much easier. Also doing research is easier when I can make a powerpoint on one screen and look at the research on the other.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mariadelmar Mariadelmar
Condoms, people, condoms
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AlikaK AlikaK
I'm going to get a cellphone and a laptop!!! I'm super pumped because yes, I've never had a cellphone - I live in the dark ages still. lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of swoodrow swoodrow
I didn't get anything special for going to university. But, my dad did help me pay for my tuition for first semester! I have to pay for the rest though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I bought a university hoodie. Silly, I know, but it was something I have always wanted to do.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
My parents got me a helicopter, but it was a Bell, not a Sikorsky. Like what were they thinking? That's about as cheap as getting a BMW instead of a Bentley. Obviously they don't care much about ME. And you'd think that was the worst of it, but NO. It's a 2009 with 34 hours on the odometer. HOLY! Am I not happy.

Pffft, helicopters. This is my ride.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leahquin leahquin
Tons of pyjamas. I think my room mate would not approve of the whole nakedness thing...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mar Mar
Hookah Pipe :cheers: and 3 dozens of ping pong balls :bom:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
I'm going to feel guilty as hell asking my parents to get me stuff for uni because they're giving me $$$$ to travel (and drink) around Europe for two months this summer with people they've never met. I went to Madrid for three weeks last summer by myself and met some of the greatest people of my life and we're all going back for a Euro-trip. I guess that's my graduation gift.

I have a part-time job and I'll probably blow my savings on a new laptop for university. I can't really ask them for that considering they're paying for my tuition, rez, etc.

I'm pretty goddamn lucky.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats

@g93 wrote

http://ghetto-bicycle.funnypart.com/ Pfft flying vehicles... I like my rides old school :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@StudentAtStPats wrote

@g93 wrote

http://ghetto-bicycle.funnypart.com/ Pfft flying vehicles... I like my rides old school :)

There's no gears on there. It's 2011- Wake up and smell the roses :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
Haha :) no but seroiusly, the one thing that I'd probably love to get in university is a degree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of manna manna
Lol, I got a bunch of PETA towels :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kurtisw13 kurtisw13
laptop
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ShelbyK ShelbyK
The gift for university that will probably end up being my favourite is the round trip plane ticket home for Christmas.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BrandonJones BrandonJones
Mine would have to be my Cannon Rebel Camera :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of JensenHuang JensenHuang
I got a Gulfstream 6, Abrams M1A2, M338 lapua magnum, Lamborghini Reventon, Kiowa attack helicopter, among other things.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted