What kind of marks do you need to get into u of t/ waterloo chem eng
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What kind of marks do you need to get into u of t/ waterloo chem eng

A photo of TePaps TePaps
So as of right now my marks are <br> <br>80- english <br>91- advanced functions <br>92- physics <br>88- religion <br>average- 87.75 <br> <br>They are all going up ( just got 100 on a math test and 97 on a physics problem set) <br> <br>I know my average is kind of low i need to bring it up. Plus next semester i have calculus and chemistry both of which i&#39;m good in ( got a 92 in chem last year and i always do well in math) <br>But as of right now what are my chances of getting into chemical engineering at u of t or waterloo. Please be honest. <br> <br>Also some of my ec&#39;s are <br> <br>took leadership course offered at my school <br>Was on leadership at my school. Therefore went up to an overnight camp for 3 nights, me and 2 others had to watch over 12 grade 9&#39;s for the weekend. <br>Ran an overnight fundraiser at our school which raised thousands of dollars <br>Work 2 jobs right now one being Mcdonalds and the other being a rink guard for the city of toronto <br>Have my first Aid citification&#39;s and was a waiting pool attendant last summer <br>There are more....
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of jelly jelly
If your average goes up a bit like you expect it to, you should be in an okay spot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of yomamasdad yomamasdad
The marks required for Chem Eng at Waterloo could be quite competitive.

So far, your marks look fine. I picked up a booklet at the university fair and this is what they said:

85-90% 40% chance of receiving an offer
90-95% 85% chance of receiving an offer

They do do individual selection so you should be fine.
I recommend raising your marks a little bit though.

Check their page out:
http://www.findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/programs/ChemicalEngineering
Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TePaps TePaps
Ya i figure by the end of this year my average will be about 90.3 or 89 or something around there...
It's just english no matter how hard i try i cant get above an 80
Was this helpful? Yes 0