yconic - What made you decide to go into the Engineering program?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What made you decide to go into the Engineering program?

A photo of milliex51 milliex51
I'm in grade 11 and I'm confused with what to do in life.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of StellaSparx StellaSparx
Well I loveee math (I'm a mathlete :P) and physics so I chose to apply for eng. I'm naturally good at math but I have to work hard for physics cause I find the concepts difficult sometimes. I chose chemical because from what I've read, their job description sounds the most interesting to me.

Have you checked out career cruising yet? Cause I literally spent hours there, looking at my career options!

I was considering being a practitioner but who wants to spend like 20 years in school, be on on-call, work 50 hours a week, and be stressed out for their entire life??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of milliex51 milliex51
haha, thank you for answering my question! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit
Most people would take decide on a program that they like or they find interesting.
There are also those crackheads that just pursue a degree in a certain field for the money. I see a lot of people going into Life Science and Business for this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I think it's important to first find subjects that interest you. I love the sciences and I am naturally good at math. The fields open to me would be BMath, Engineering, Sciences. I don't entirely enjoy math but I love applied math and sciences. What can be more applied and hands on than engineering?? Of course I don't like Bio. The person above is correct, many people go into business for the money but if that's what you enjoy, go ahead.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
I thought I would like it, and if I didn't I knew I could switch. So I thought I'd try it. I always did well in math and physics in high school. Turns out it was a good choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
I like math and the sciences, and I enjoy programming and working with computers, so I decided to try out SE. Hopefully I made the right choice :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StellaSparx StellaSparx

@milliex51 wrote
haha, thank you for answering my question! :)

No problem! But remember, you have plenty of time to decide :) Just make sure you apply to programs that you're passionate about :!:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of plato plato
Watch this:

Why you will fail to have a great career.

Our very own Larry Smith, awseome UW prof.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ChronosKey ChronosKey
Fortunately, you have a lot of time. Find out what you like to do and pursue it. If you find yourself wanting to do math and physics homework while you're doing english homework, engineering might be for you. I've been set on SE at UW since grade 8 or so and in grade 11 I completely switched to EE. Then I took grade 12 physics and CS and I realized, no SE is definitely still the way to go. It combines everything I'm good at and everything I like (Math, CS, Physics) in a very awesome job (not just salary).

If you need more help, try talking to a guidance counselor. =]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx

@Bscit wrote
Most people would take decide on a program that they like or they find interesting.
There are also those crackheads that just pursue a degree in a certain field for the money. I see a lot of people going into Life Science and Business for this.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted