yconic - What program?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What program?

A photo of brady23 brady23
I have no idea what program I want to go into. :(

I've applied to three, but I have no idea which one to take.

1) Engineering
2) Science
3) Business

What worries me about science is that people tell me that other than med, all Science degrees have jobs in labs or research and I don't want that. Is that true?

If it is, I guess it really just leaves Engineering and Business.

And I like business but not as much as the sciences. I really love Biology and Physics. I was thinking biomedical engineering would be a good fit for me, but I'm not sure?

Can you guys give me your thoughts. If it helps, I got a 93 in Bio, 84 in Chem, 90 in Physics, and 96 in Accounting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of VGranova VGranova
Hey
I really recommend business, especially if you enjoy it, for the following reasons:
-it seems that most good universities jump straight into business immediately from Year 1, so you know exactly what to expect in the future, and, if it is not to your taste, you did not waste too much time, so you can transfer into another program.
-there are so many available well-paying jobs out there, especially in accounting. If you graduate with good grades, a job is practically guaranteed.
Personally, I prefer business, which is definitely why I recommend it (and for the above reasons).
However, if you really really enjoy the sciences, and will decide for sure that business is not your thing, I say, follow your heart! Life is much better when you do something you enjoy.
Good luck with your choices!
V.
Was this helpful? Yes 0