yconic - What school?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What school?

A photo of Brud Brud
I am a grade 11 student in BC who is trying to get ahead of the in planning for post-secondary life. I am very interested in engineering, and I want to go to med. school after my under-grad. I have 90% in Math 12 Honours, and over 100% in Chem this semester aswell as playing varsity volleyball, working, and helping out in the community. I want a university that has good academics, that is fun to go to, I will get good marks at (need them for med school), and that I will enjoy overall. So far I am leaning towards Queens and UBC. I think Queens is a better fit for me, but logistically, UBC makes more sense. Can you help me out, or even give a different recommendation? Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Waterloo and U of T are excellent for engineering. McMaster has very good science facilities, a great medical school, and a good engineering program. Western is also good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of n0y0x n0y0x
Based on your wants, I think Western would suit you well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Come to Alberta, U of A has a great school, and I personally know a handful of engineers who went through the biomed program and then onto med school. This forum is full of Ontario kids so BC to Ontario gets completely overlooked
Was this helpful? Yes 0