yconic - What should I submit for this scholarship?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What should I submit for this scholarship?

A photo of nadia93 nadia93
so i'm applying for the catholic women's league of canada's scholarship for st. michael's college at u of t.
their requirements are really vague, they want "a letter of introduction and any other supporting documentation that will demonstrate eligibility."
the criteria isn't much either, just a catholic woman who ranked st. mike's as their first college and who demonstrates financial need.
any sugggstions? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Konstiin Konstiin

@nadia93 wrote
so i'm applying for the catholic women's league of canada's scholarship for st. michael's college at u of t.
their requirements are really vague, they want "a letter of introduction and any other supporting documentation that will demonstrate eligibility."
the criteria isn't much either, just a catholic woman who ranked st. mike's as their first college and who demonstrates financial need.
any sugggstions? :)

Definitely playing up the 'financial need' bit always helps.

They want to know why you couldn't pay for the tuition without the scholarship. Thus, why you would be eligible for this scholarship.

I don't know if you would need to demonstrate that you are indeed a catholic female. But when they want a letter that demonstrates eligibility, they want a letter of why you want to go to the school, why you would be good for the school, and why you couldn't pay for the tuition, then finish it off with another reason that you want to go to the school, and the usual letter demographics.

I don't have any experience with this particular school but in general, an eligibility letter means the above.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
Since this scholarship is specifically for Catholics, a letter of support from your priest or another member of the clergy that talks about your devotion to the Church probably wouldn't hurt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
And maybe a resume of the extracirriculars you have, and/or letters of reference from supervisors would help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0