yconic - What subjects do you have in your top six?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What subjects do you have in your top six?

A photo of computerengineer computerengineer
I applied to some business schools even though I prefer to go into engineering. SO my top six average is like 89 which includes all the sciences, math and english. Afetr researching on business schools, I saw that their cutoff is really high compared to engineering schools. Why is this? IS it because the sciences are harder subjects than some other ones? If so, what do you guys have in your top six to boost your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Hughsam Hughsam
bio, chem, calc, adv func, english, morality

actually ended up with around the same in social sciences/science courses in the end LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tyop Tyop
Got a bunch of different averages as I've applied to business and science programs within Ontario.
The highest one I believe includes: English, Biology, Chemistry, Families, Data, Calculus. These are the courses that will be calculated into my midterms submission for Queen's Commerce.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@computerengineer wrote
I applied to some business schools even though I prefer to go into engineering. SO my top six average is like 89 which includes all the sciences, math and english. Afetr researching on business schools, I saw that their cutoff is really high compared to engineering schools. Why is this? IS it because the sciences are harder subjects than some other ones? If so, what do you guys have in your top six to boost your average?

I think it's because getting 90+ in chem/physics/bio is harder (at least for most people that I've asked) than getting a 90+ in a course like econ/law/morality/etc. For me, my top 6 for business is the same as it is for engineering. English, physics, chemistry, adv functions, calculus, and comp sci. For me, comp sci should be my "mark booster" except it's my lowest mark by far excluding English. :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Clutch Clutch
English, Calculus, Functions, Philosophy, Accounting, Management

got a 92.7 last semester, should be higher on this midterm though, calculus/vectors is a wildcard
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of w18 w18
English, Advanced Functions, Calculus, Biology, Accounting, International Business
Was this helpful? Yes 0