yconic - What the the admission average to sauder for transfer students?????
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What the the admission average to sauder for transfer students?????

A photo of ufoate ufoate
Wow,

CHOICE #1
Session: 2011 Winter Session
Term:
Degree/Program: Bachelor of Commerce
Admission Area: Undergraduate Admissions
Specialization #1: General Program
Status: Based on your academic record to date, we are unable to offer you admission at this time. Your academic average does not currently meet the competitive average for the program you have selected. However, UBC will review your application again upon receipt of your final official transcript, if there is still space remaining in your preferred program, and notify you if your admission status changes. We wish you success in the remainder of your school year.

The following documents have been assessed by Admissions staff and will be used in the evaluation of your application to UBC.

I got a 89% average and a 88% core average for micro, eng and calculus in my first year in the UBCO campus, and it says I still didn't even meet the competitive average. Does anyone have any idea whats the competitive average for commerce?????
Was this helpful? Yes 0
199 replies

A photo of allieg14 allieg14
I got the same message for my admission status recently and i'm also a first year transfer...
I talked to some other friends who are transferring and they had the same message so I was assuming that's the message all transfer students received because none of their final transcripts are in and nobody's done their courses. As for me most of my courses are two term and don't even have a mark yet so I don't even think it's possible to calculate my average..and my one course that is completed I got an 86% in. And your averages sound amazing so it wouldn't make sense for them to reject you based on that at all.
I heard from an academic advisor at sauder that the minimum average to be competitive is 76%.
Just in case though, I emailed the undergraduate office because i want to find out what this really means!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

okay so here was the response from the undergraduate office at sauder:

"Thank you for your email and interest in the Sauder School of Business.

That message simply means that we are not able to offer you early admission, however, after we have received your final transcript, your application will be reviewed again and a final decision will be made. Please continue to check back on your application status for any update these next couple of months.

Please don’t hesitate to contact our office at 604-822-8333 if you have any further questions or concerns."

so yeah...i think it's just for everyone who hasn't completed their courses yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sunshinesushi sunshinesushi
Whoa your academic average was 88%/89% range and it was low for academic average? That's hard to believe o.o I'm a transfer student as well (from UBC Vancouver) but I got admitted recently :cat: And my average wasn't as high as your average for sure. I don't want to reveal my average (for privacy reasons) but I definitely think your average is a good competitive average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ufoate ufoate

@sunshinesushi wrote
Whoa your academic average was 88%/89% range and it was low for academic average? That's hard to believe o.o I'm a transfer student as well (from UBC Vancouver) but I got admitted recently :cat: And my average wasn't as high as your average for sure. I don't want to reveal my average (for privacy reasons) but I definitely think your average is a good competitive average.

Maybe you had a kickass supplemental? I thought mine was pretty well written. I hardly know anyone in the Okanagan campus who are studying in arts/management and have higher grades than me for their average. After all, most of us are applying for transfer to Vnacouver.

However, I was offered a place in Vancouver Arts, only a couple of days after I applied. Didn't know Sauder is extremely selective. I hope we all get in though. ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ufoate ufoate

@allieg14 wrote
okay so here was the response from the undergraduate office at sauder:

"Thank you for your email and interest in the Sauder School of Business.

That message simply means that we are not able to offer you early admission, however, after we have received your final transcript, your application will be reviewed again and a final decision will be made. Please continue to check back on your application status for any update these next couple of months.

Please don’t hesitate to contact our office at 604-822-8333 if you have any further questions or concerns."

so yeah...i think it's just for everyone who hasn't completed their courses yet.

I hope so too ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Yonkou Yonkou
I've got the same message too! Im thrid year transfer from SFU...
it says

Status: Based on your academic record to date, we are unable to offer you admission at this time. Your academic average does not currently meet the competitive average for the program you have selected. However, UBC will review your application again upon receipt of your final official transcript, if there is still space remaining in your preferred program, and notify you if your admission status changes. We wish you success in the remainder of your school year

BUt ive finished all my required courses for transfer, and currently in process of doing some courses that are not required for commerce. And I ve checked my average and its well above the minimum so i dunt know why they said i dunt meet the average? so confused. lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My admission status changed to this:

"Based on your academic record to date, we are unable to offer you admission at this time. We will review your application again when your final grades are available and inform you of our admission decision."

so they took out the part about not meeting the competitive average, which i think is good? haha
has anyone else's changed?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hotmustard121 hotmustard121
Did you call Sauder and ask about this? There may be a mistake.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Yonkou Yonkou
yeah they said i am above the minimun requirement but im not competitive enough to be acceepted EARLY which sux! both my core and overal is 3.3....i guess its kinda comptitive. And after this semester my overal will drop to i think 3.25? which is BAD!!!
anyhow, what are ur guys gpas?
any third year transfers? im a transfer from SFU.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mustgetinsauder123 mustgetinsauder123
Guys
I know a girl in ubco 76% term 1 average and duno about the sup and got in.
a 95% got in as well, an 80% got rejected and 85% pending

I have applied too, I have a term 1 average of 72.5%, yes i KNow its low.
but my term 2 average is 87 or sth, i calculated, my final grade will be 80 - 81%
and my supplemental i have spent months and months, editing and editing, researching blahblah blah so much effort and volnuteering, filled every crap possible!

Do you think i'll get in ? if so before or after the finals? Im in ubco btw, and the guy with 89% average in UBCO, how the screw did you not get in? it mus be ur supplemental wasn't good, did you reserach on how to do it well?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i swear if i dont get in, it's the end of the world for me.
and grades dont matter, ppl get in with 70s and 75s and 76 (a friend of mine).

it all depends on how good ur supp is, ur supp is medium, having an 80 might not do it, but a good sup + 76% will get in u
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Yonkou wrote
yeah they said i am above the minimun requirement but im not competitive enough to be acceepted EARLY which sux! both my core and overal is 3.3....i guess its kinda comptitive. And after this semester my overal will drop to i think 3.25? which is BAD!!!
anyhow, what are ur guys gpas?
any third year transfers? im a transfer from SFU.

I'm prediting my GPA to be around a 3.5 for both..i'm not too sure yet! first term I got 86% in econ 101 and an 86% my first semester of psych..but those are my best classes so i think i'll be around a 79 in the end. I'm a second year transfer :)

And according to "mustgetinsauder123" people are getting rejected already..so that's good news for us who've been deferred until the final transcripts are out!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yonkou Yonkou
ur gpa's are so high lol
im just worried my core gpa and overall will decrease to around 3.15 ish after final transcripts!!!!
I wish I knew the cut off for this term.
Are we compared to other university transfers? not college right?
If we're compared to college students their gpa's are much higher lol.

As for the supplemental, i think my essay is okay. I think they get tired with ppl saying "i have leadership, good at time management ...blah blah blah... "

DO you guys know if ALL transfer students are deferred? Or some are rejected right away?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ufoate ufoate

@mustgetinsauder123 wrote
Guys

but my term 2 average is 87 or sth, i calculated, my final grade will be 80 - 81%
and my supplemental i have spent months and months, editing and editing, researching blahblah blah so much effort and volnuteering, filled every crap possible!

Do you think i'll get in ? if so before or after the finals? Im in ubco btw, and the guy with 89% average in UBCO, how the screw did you not get in? it mus be ur supplemental wasn't good, did you reserach on how to do it well?

Hey, I know the girl who got 76% in term 1 too, and i helped the guy with the 96% write his supplemental and another guy with a 78% from management write his supplemental. I know this sounds retarded.. but i didnt get in despite me helping them... I can honestly say, sauder is looking for well diversed students and GRADES and grammar dun matter for the supplemental.. its all about the content and filling every single section on the ECs and achievements. ... after helping the two of them write their supplementals and analyzing it after they got in. ok. I feel like i am a retard
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ufoate ufoate

i swear if i dont get in, it's the end of the world for me.
and grades dont matter, ppl get in with 70s and 75s and 76 (a friend of mine).

it all depends on how good ur supp is, ur supp is medium, having an 80 might not do it, but a good sup + 76% will get in u

yeah man.. i totally agree.. I WISH I CAN RE-write my supplemental. i know at least 5 other guys with >85% and all applied to sauder and still didnt gget in. and to know that they choose people in the 70s over the high 80s means that GRADES dun matter as much as the supplemental.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yonkou Yonkou
hey ufoate, u get rejected??? I thought u were just deferred?
omg i am so nervous..!!!!!!!!
were ur friends with 85 and above rejected before or after final transcripts?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ufoate ufoate

@Yonkou wrote

no we are not rejected, just waiting for final transcripts. But its like a semi-rejected case, considering that they have given admissions to people with mid 70s.

Giving priority to someone with a mid 70s over someone with high 80s says a lot. So, if i were you, I won't lose hope, as we can see clearly that Sauders is not LOOKING for exceptional grades. If you think your essay was not well-written (in terms of English). Don't worry about it, cause the friend which i helped to write his essay, had his 2nd essay all drafted like 3 hours before the deadline, and he still got accepted. The content plays a greater role in your admission. I believe I am in some position to comment on this because I helped 2 different people write their essays and both of which got admissions.

P.S Everything I'm saying above are speculations from a combination of my experiences and my friends who got accepted, as well as some analysis of their supplemental after they got admission (like doing a comparison of theirs with mine).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yonkou Yonkou
well i just wish there is space available when final transcripts are in...
wow ppl with 70's getting early admissions?! I wonder what their essay's are like...
wut are your EC's like?
mines not that spectacular...
once orientation leader,,
2 years dance leader?
i think those two are the only ones that are appealing.....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I juts got fucking deferred in a positive way today. My average is 72.5 for term 1, a guy got in with 75, i read all his stuff, my supplemental is at least on PAR with him.

I think it might be my average that got me deferred? I heard some ppl with 87 and 80 got rejected.

My supplemental is filled to the MAX, and I'LL BE GETTING 80-81%avg and 81-82% core average after finals. 87 calculus, 87 econ101, 82-87% econ 102, and 65 engl12. Once they see my econ having such high grade with having the class average at 60-70s i'll probably get in. some people are getting deferred by ubc saying "we will see your final and if there is STILL SPOT" but mine doesn't say that, it just says wait for ur final and decide again. how about you guys?

anyways, if your supplemental is not well written, doesn't show you as a very well roudned individual (socialbility, learning, commitment, balance between studies and hobbies), you will have low chance getting in even with a 90% average. that is why those 70 ERS ARE GETTING IN.

the 75 GUY WHO GOT IN HAD A GOOD SUPP, but a 76 girl who ported her highschool activities from a previous sauder application got in as well, that means she didn't write any EC from UNI... kind of contradicting isn't it. Anyways, i have to get in, or im going to suicide lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ufoate wrote

Guys

Hey, I know the girl who got 76% in term 1 too, and i helped the guy with the 96% write his supplemental and another guy with a 78% from management write his supplemental. I know this sounds retarded.. but i didnt get in despite me helping them... I can honestly say, sauder is looking for well diversed students and GRADES and grammar dun matter for the supplemental.. its all about the content and filling every single section on the ECs and achievements. ... after helping the two of them write their supplementals and analyzing it after they got in. ok. I feel like i am a retard

do you mean ur supp is not well diversed?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Yonkou wrote
well i just wish there is space available when final transcripts are in...
wow ppl with 70's getting early admissions?! I wonder what their essay's are like...
wut are your EC's like?
mines not that spectacular...
once orientation leader,,
2 years dance leader?
i think those two are the only ones that are appealing.....

Point of EC is not the content suppose to be appealing, is what you learned and grow from is what appealing, such as, if you write you are in a volleyball team, that may soudn like dogshit but if you write, i learned cooperation within teammates grow companionship among others and you learning communication skills, that does the trick.

but guess what, i did that and i got deferred, maybe cuz my average is low
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ufoate wrote

@Yonkou wrote

no we are not rejected, just waiting for final transcripts. But its like a semi-rejected case, considering that they have given admissions to people with mid 70s.

Giving priority to someone with a mid 70s over someone with high 80s says a lot. So, if i were you, I won't lose hope, as we can see clearly that Sauders is not LOOKING for exceptional grades. If you think your essay was not well-written (in terms of English). Don't worry about it, cause the friend which i helped to write his essay, had his 2nd essay all drafted like 3 hours before the deadline, and he still got accepted. The content plays a greater role in your admission. I believe I am in some position to comment on this because I helped 2 different people write their essays and both of which got admissions.

P.S Everything I'm saying above are speculations from a combination of my experiences and my friends who got accepted, as well as some analysis of their supplemental after they got admission (like doing a comparison of theirs with mine).

yes that guy is alan, he fucking spent one fucking day and he get in.

i spent MONTHS, GIVING UP MY FREE TIME, SOCIAL LIFE, STUDY AND VOLUNTEEREED HARD, WRITE MY SUPPLEMENTAL AS BEST AS POSSIBLE AND went to writing centre, edit over edit, having millions of drafts, and i fucking get deferred, they are joking me. But I THINK grades do play a role, but not significantly, i think my 72.5 is what made me get deferred.

basically i have a great supp, and my average after fianls will be 80-81% 81-82% core, do you think i'll get in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ufoate ufoate

@ufoate wrote

@Yonkou wrote

yes that guy is alan, he screwing spent one screwing day and he get in.

i spent MONTHS, GIVING UP MY FREE TIME, SOCIAL LIFE, STUDY AND VOLUNTEEREED HARD, WRITE MY SUPPLEMENTAL AS BEST AS POSSIBLE AND went to writing centre, edit over edit, having millions of drafts, and i screwing get deferred, they are joking me. But I THINK grades do play a role, but not significantly, i think my 72.5 is what made me get deferred.

basically i have a great supp, and my average after fianls will be 80-81% 81-82% core, do you think i'll get in?

haha omg.. yeah its our same friend who got in. haha, yeah he spent a day cause he was so certain he won't get in, well, sometimes in business its just sheer luck, and its not all about grades. Sometimes, you need some luck too. Maybe thats what Sauder wants to teach us/him in general. You shouldn't have mentioned his name in this forum. Anyway, doesnt matter haha. As for my supplemental, its not diverse enough, after re-reading it. Just put the wrong stuff into the ECs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0