yconic - What to bring for college?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What to bring for college?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
So I'm hopefully going to Conestoga in the fall and I am planning to stay in residence. My biggest fear besides getting a roommate who will hate me, is forgetting something important. I have read articals about what to bring but there all written by people who have been out of school for like 10+ years. I was hoping to get some information from current college students or other student who know what they really want to bring with them.

Thanks a million :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of tpenney12 tpenney12
other than the basics, which I'm sure have been mentioned a bunch of times in the articles:
- shower shoes
- shower bucket thing to put all your stuff in to carry back and forth to the bathroom
- ear plugs
- computer lock (especially if you dont know your roommate)
- i got a filing cabinet with a lock drawer to put my valuables in when i wasn't in the room (money, camera, etc)
- matress cover
- plastic drawers or a hanging closet thing (the closets usually aren't too big)
- fan
- fridge

Thats all that I can think of off hand. Usually the school sends you a list of things!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emma1330 emma1330
-Bring at least one cup, plate, bowl etc. You don't think you're going to need them with a cafeteria, but you'll be surprised.
-Ethernet cable for connecting to the internet in your dorm room
-There's a lot more wallspace than you think. Bring posters/decorations/christmas lights, what have you, to make your room more liveable. Plants are nice, too, but they're probably going to die. You might also want to buy a scented candle or febreze or something, because the room is probably going to be old and smell a bit mildewy.
-A stapler. YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT.

Yeah. That's all I can think of in terms of stuff I didn't think to bring at first.

Was this helpful? Yes 0