yconic - What to see.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What to see.

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK
Ok I've left this kinda late because I'm leaving today, but basically I'm off to Canada for a very short trip to have a look at McGill and UofT at two of their respective open uni events before I make my final decision.

I'm flying today to Montreal, will arrive tonight and have the day there tomorrow. I then fly to Toronto on Friday evening and have Saturday there before flying back to London on Sunday evening... so yeah, when I say short I mean short :P

So, any tips/advice on what I should try and do / see in each city, obv I will be at each Uni as much as possible and at their open events, but yeah; what would you guys recommend?

Just a heads up I'm going with my parents, so checking out the club scene unfortunately isn't really a viable option ;)

Cheers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Mount Royal, CN Tower or HHOF
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Stay at the Royal York.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
I did the exact same thing as you (toured McGill and U of T in one weekend), but I'm from BC. Obviously the campuses and surrounding downtown areas should be your priority. But in Toronto there's the CN tower and lots of shopping and museums. In Montreal there's Saint Catherine's, Mount Royal, and Old Montreal. I'm obviously not an expert on either city though, so hopefully people who are actually from Montreal or Toronto and make some more in-depth recommendations.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Most of the tourist gimmicks in Toronto are overrated and overpriced, but if you're into gimmicks, you should definitely visit familiar landmarks, e.g. CN Tower, AGO, ROM, Eaton Centre. Harbourfront is really beautiful in this season, and you'll find lovely fowl in, on, around Lake Ontario.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Spengler wrote
Most of the tourist gimmicks in Toronto are overrated and overpriced, but if you're into gimmicks, you should definitely visit familiar landmarks, e.g. CN Tower, AGO, ROM, Eaton Centre. Harbourfront is really beautiful in this season, and you'll find lovely fowl in, on, around Lake Ontario.

+ 1 the harbourfront can be nice

The Eaton Centre is totally overrated though

You could always hit up the zoo :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0