yconic - What's a U-Pass? It's not my ID?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What's a U-Pass? It's not my ID?

A photo of flyingpig flyingpig
Okay I don't go out much and I like to know.

When people board on the bus, mostly college students, they shove and let the driver see some kind of ID and they get on for free what are those?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@flyingpig wrote

When people board on the bus, mostly college students, they shove and let the driver see some kind of ID and they get on for free what are those?

It's called a U-pass. They can be used as an ID.

Its not free, the fee is included in your tuition and yes, your get to use transit for free if you are a student at UBC, SFU, Kwantlen, Douglas, Langara, VCC etc.

Every institution has diff prices for their passes, I believe its usually cheaper for UBC and SFU since they are the main Post Secondary Institutions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Cuiter23 wrote

@flyingpig wrote

It's called a U-pass. They can be used as an ID.

Its not free, the fee is included in your tuition and yes, your get to use transit for free if you are a student at UBC, SFU, Kwantlen, Douglas, Langara, VCC etc.

Every institution has diff prices for their passes, I believe its usually cheaper for UBC and SFU since they are the main Post Secondary Institutions.

What does it look like? Is it jsut me student card?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Each university has a different system but generally a 8 or 12 month bus pass is included in your supplementary fees that you pay to the school each year. You get a sticker to put on your student card or something similar.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@inthemaking wrote
Each university has a different system but generally a 8 or 12 month bus pass is included in your supplementary fees that you pay to the school each year. You get a sticker to put on your student card or something similar.

Its diff for bc.
In bc its a seperate card which has your picture, name and the logo of the school you are attending.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Cuiter23 wrote

@inthemaking wrote

Its diff for bc.
In bc its a seperate card which has your picture, name and the logo of the school you are attending.

That sounds a lot like a student card...

It has your picture, name, logo of your school (UBC for isntance)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I'm not sure about UBC, I do believe they have a separate school ID with their UPass..
But I just asked my best friend who goes to SFU and she says that she has a separate school ID as well as a UPass.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
I'm not sure about UBC, I do believe they have a separate school ID with their UPass..
But I just asked my best friend who goes to SFU and she says that she has a separate school ID as well as a UPass.

Yep thats correct!
Was this helpful? Yes 0