yconic - What's better, Biochemistry or Biopharmaceutical Science ?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What's better, Biochemistry or Biopharmaceutical Science ?

A photo of Becky Becky
So, I have been accepted to UTSC for Biochemistry and uOttawa for Biopharmaceutical Science (Co-op). I have decided that my goal in the near future is to either become a pharmacist or work for a pharmaceutical company doing research etc. I'm having a hard time choosing which program would be best/suitable for me. I understand that if I do choose to go into biopharm I cannot become a pharmacist with that degree as that is only specific to the pharmaceutical industry career area. If I choose the biochem option at UTSC I have the option of still doing research for pharmaceutical industries ( I believe) but after at least two years can be able to enter pharmacy school,(4 years) optometry, or medical school.

I would gladly appreciate it if someone can give me some guidance in terms of what the Biochemistry program at University of Toronto is like/ Biopharmaceutical science program at University of Ottawa is like and if possible explain the difference in the number of pathways/ career opportunities that can be open with one or both these programs.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies