yconic - What's nursing like @ Ryerson, UOIT, or George Brown?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What's nursing like @ Ryerson, UOIT, or George Brown?

A photo of erinlim28 erinlim28
I was wodering If anyone could tell me what's nursing like at Ryerson,UOIT, or George Brown? Im hoping to go into nursing this coming Sept.2011. What do you like most about the nursing program? what do you think of the campus. thank you I'd like to hear your answers :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of nursingstudentDM nursingstudentDM
Well, Ryerson and GBC have the same curriculum, as does Centennial. That's the collaborative nursing degree they do...It's just at different sites for the first two years. I'm at Centennial, in my second semester. Since you don't plan on applying at Centennial site, I won't blather on about the campus. However, I can certainly tell you what I like most about the program so far - I really like my Assessment, Practice and Anatomy & Physiology courses the most. My teachers for these classes are amazing. The faculty are very friendly and the content is very interesting. I am currently getting ready to start clinical placement in March and I feel ready for it. In second year, I will be in clinical for 14 hours a week in a medical/surgical setting. I am really looking forward to this, because I am certain I want to be a clinical RN doing bedside care. Not sure what subspecialty yet..but i'm thinking either labour/delivery, emergency, ICU/CCU, or pediatrics..I guess I'll figure that out as I go along, since i have so much to learn. I feel like I have already learned so much, in just my first semester - so I'm REALLY eager for the next seven. :) I really love nursing!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pm pm
I have heard a lot of people say they like nursing at ryerson.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
I heard that a pretty big chunk of people are on academic probation because their grades weren't high enough on exams
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gecko Gecko

@cosstickxx wrote
I heard that a pretty big chunk of people are on academic probation because their grades weren't high enough on exams

I'm currently a student at Ryerson and have not heard of any people on academic probation.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted