yconic - When are offers sent out?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

When are offers sent out?

A photo of Sarvish Sarvish
What I mean by this question is, do universities only send out offers when their admissions office is open, do they send them out on Sunday. Specifically, I'd like to know about UofT.

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I'm pretty sure that they only send them out Monday - Friday.
The people working at Admissions needs their days off too!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poeticallydemented poeticallydemented
If you haven't recieved an offer of admission from U of T by now, you're probably not going to hear from them until around April or May. As far as I know, they've already sent out their version of early acceptances, judging by the number of people in my school who ran through the halls screaming "I just got into EngSci!!"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^
I don't think soo...
It's only been like.. a WEEK.. since they started giving out acceptances.
I don't know ANYONE that has gotten into U of T yet.. No one from my school anyways.. but I'm from BC so many it's different.
My friends have like.. 94+ averages and are all dancers, student council members and active in 258927 clubs.. there's no way they won't be getting early acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@poeticallydemented wrote
If you haven't recieved an offer of admission from U of T by now, you're probably not going to hear from them until around April or May. As far as I know, they've already sent out their version of early acceptances, judging by the number of people in my school who ran through the halls screaming "I just got into EngSci!!"

I really really hope you're wrong! D: I see no reason why I wouldn't have got early acceptance. I applied for neuroscience at UTSC and Life Sci at UTSG with a 96.2 top six average. Neither of those are very competitive programs and my average should have put me very close to the top.

ETA: I also have strong EC's. Maybe not UTSG but I really was expecting early admission from UTSC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
^
I don't think soo...
I don't know ANYONE that has gotten into U of T yet.. No one from my school anyways.. but I'm from BC so many it's different.
My friends have like.. 94+ averages and are all dancers, student council members and active in 258927 clubs.. there's no way they won't be getting early acceptance.

If the original poster lives in Ontario, it's not likely they'll be getting anything until April if they haven't already... I go to an extremely academic school and only kids with averages of like 95%+ were accepted. I know for sure two of them have averages of around 98% and 97.5%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah that's what I said..
I live in BC so MAYBE it's different..
Typo.
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
^
I don't think soo...

If the original poster lives in Ontario, it's not likely they'll be getting anything until April if they haven't already... I go to an extremely academic school and only kids with averages of like 95%+ were accepted. I know for sure two of them have averages of around 98% and 97.5%.

I'm above 95! D:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Sarvish wrote

I really really hope you're wrong! D: I see no reason why I wouldn't have got early acceptance. I applied for neuroscience at UTSC and Life Sci at UTSG with a 96.2 top six average. Neither of those are very competitive programs and my average should have put me very close to the top.

ETA: I also have strong EC's. Maybe not UTSG but I really was expecting early admission from UTSC.

Do you live in Ontario? The two girls whose averages I know got in for EngSci. I could be wrong, but almost every student at my school who applied to U of T applied for either Engineering or Life Sci... Your average probably is pretty close to the top, it's way better than mine, but then again, I'm just doing artsy fartsy stuff. :bigsmurf:

I don't know if Life Sci looks at EC's... I thought only professional faculties like ConEd, Eng, Rotman, looked at that stuff. I could be wrong though!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Sarvish wrote

@cyynthiia wrote
^
I don't think soo...

I'm above 95! D:

OH - You've applied to Trin. I don't know if Trin has sent out any acceptances yet. I go to a Catholic school so everyone at my school applied to St. Mike's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Don't think Life Sci looks at ECs.. there was no supplemental..
only for the undergraduate awards and scholarships.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Sarvish wrote

Do you live in Ontario? The two girls whose averages I know got in for EngSci. I could be wrong, but almost every student at my school who applied to U of T applied for either Engineering or Life Sci... Your average probably is pretty close to the top, it's way better than mine, but then again, I'm just doing artsy fartsy stuff. :bigsmurf:

I don't know if Life Sci looks at EC's... I thought only professional faculties like ConEd, Eng, Rotman, looked at that stuff. I could be wrong though!

I do live in Ontario. I had a friend get into life sci yesterday with a 94ish average so I'm hoping they just haven't gotten to mine yet. I'll be sure to update if I get anything next week.

UTSC did look at EC's and I'm pretty sure there was nothing wrong. I placed 1st in my category at DECA provincials last year, attended various comp sci competitions placing near the top, and have been involved in countless clubs.

Must stop freaking out... :bounce:

ETA: And yes... Trin has sent out a few offers, both of my friends applied for Trin. What I'm hoping is that they've only gone through students who applied for res so far.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

^^ Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but maybe it has something to do with your Trin application??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^^ Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but maybe it has something to do with your Trin application??

I thought about that, but I would've at least expected UTSC. And, I've heard that you're accepted first and then put in a college after.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Sarvish wrote

I thought about that, but I would've at least expected UTSC. And, I've heard that you're accepted first and then put in a college after.

I have no idea then! My fingers are crossed for you! If you don't get in in Feb, you'll be one of the first in April.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Sarvish wrote

I have no idea then! My fingers are crossed for you! If you don't get in in Feb, you'll be one of the first in April.

Thanks so much for the help and encouragement! I'll be sure to update you the second I get the offer... if it ever comes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0