yconic - When do the Waterloo acceptance letters come in the mail?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

When do the Waterloo acceptance letters come in the mail?

A photo of k4show k4show
I'm just curious, I was accepted last Tuesday and I'm going to apply for a student LOC and they want one as proof of enrollment, I have the email and OUAC but I'm not 100% sure that will be enough. Also I'm curious to see some personalized comments people have said they had on their acceptance letters.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
27 replies

A photo of LXY LXY
I got mine three weeks after they accepted me on OUAC.

But for student LOCs, don't you need proof of Enrollment? not just acceptance?
If so, you have to wait until after you pick your courses(or until after your courses pick you, as tron probably has no electives). That's what's happening with my resp.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatmike chatmike
It was quite a while irrc. Maybe like 2 weeks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of k4show k4show
Ah okay, nope according to my account manager "You just need to bring in proof of enrollment or acceptance letter." It's with RBC and they seem pretty liberal as far as I can tell. If not I'll just wait.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen
I hope it comes before June 2nd. Having a physical acceptance package in my hands makes university seem more real. Maybe it's just me.

Edit: Oh yeah, I got one from Waterloo already. It took a good 2 weeks+ to get to me, after I got the offer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of malionette malionette
I got into Math/CA last Monday (May 9) and got my acceptance package from St. Jerome's just today.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cxH cxH
Yeah, they seem slow with mailing things out. Someone in another continent got their package before some of the people who live in the area.

My healthsci one took three weeks~ still waiting on my UWSA one. by the end of this week it'll be week number three:P

Then again I've heard of some people not recieving their's at all~O___0
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of c1 c1
Who got an offer last week, please notice when you get the mail. Thank you in advanced
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of c1 c1
Who got an offer last week, please notice when you get the mail. Thank you in advanced
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thisiscrazy4 thisiscrazy4
Someone from waterloo called me yesterday and told me my letter was sent last week and I should receive it by Friday.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of c1 c1

@thisiscrazy4 wrote
Someone from waterloo called me yesterday and told me my letter was sent last week and I should receive it by Friday.

Did you or anyone else get the latter?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Got mine friday as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pandasbox pandasbox
I got mine last Friday~! Only one of them though, I'm sure the postal service is sending them all through different paths so as not to draw attention from thieves.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen

@pandasbox wrote
I got mine last Friday~! Only one of them though, I'm sure the postal service is sending them all through different paths so as not to draw attention from thieves.

I'm sorry but who wants to steal my acceptance package?
Someone who's jealous that I got into the program and wants to replace me?
I realize there is personal information in there, but I don't think thieves are why Waterloo takes forever to send out acceptance packages.
I think they're just sloooooww.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
To answer the OP, Waterloo Acceptances take forever. I got accepted on April Fools Day and didn't get it for about a month.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jackcnd jackcnd

@immaculatedx wrote
To answer the OP, Waterloo Acceptances take forever. I got accepted on April Fools Day and didn't get it for about a month.

April Fools Day is a special day
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mathemusician mathemusician
I've been waiting since May 9.... then again, the letters could very well have been in my dad's mailbox for x days.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thisiscrazy4 thisiscrazy4
Finally got my letter for computer science today. Also got my rejection letter for Software engineering LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke

@thisiscrazy4 wrote
Finally got my letter for computer science today. Also got my rejection letter for Software engineering LOL

You get rejection letters?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
accepted may 9th for compsci and still haven't gotten anything :(

Hopefully tmrw :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of wu wu
^ same :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pandasbox pandasbox

@PaperPen wrote

@pandasbox wrote

I'm sorry but who wants to steal my acceptance package?
Someone who's jealous that I got into the program and wants to replace me?
I realize there is personal information in there, but I don't think thieves are why Waterloo takes forever to send out acceptance packages.
I think they're just sloooooww.

I was being sarcastic; there's no reason for the loo to send them at different times, especially since I got all the acceptance emails within 10 hours of each other.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of peterv peterv
I got accepted on May 9th for Computer Science Co-op and upgraded to Computing and Financial Management on May 10th. I still haven't received my package yet either.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stranger Stranger
Omg, it turns out they did mail out my acceptance... But it ended up in the wrong mailbox. :s
One of my neighbours just came knocking on my door to give me the mail!

Thank goodness the guy was kind enough to pass the mail onto me quickly!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jackcnd jackcnd
Got DD and CS today
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mathemusician mathemusician
Engineering- admitted May 10, came yesterday
Math- admitted May 9, came today
Was this helpful? Yes 0