yconic - when do universities start accepting people
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

when do universities start accepting people

A photo of maelong maelong
Toronto& Waterloo; Chemical Engineering
Toronto; Computer Science
Mcgill; Software engineering
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of iRamie iRamie
April 1st 2012 ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Academentia Academentia
Well I got into U of T track one two days ago. But i think students out of province seem to find out earlier. I was honestly not expecting to hear from any schools until April.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Academentia wrote
Well I got into U of T track one two days ago. But i think students out of province seem to find out earlier. I was honestly not expecting to hear from any schools until April.

i'm not from ontario either,,,,'m from alberta
and What exactly is difference between engineering science and just common engineering programs like chemical engineering?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
There's like 51346417 threads about EngSci just find one.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote
There's like 51346417 threads about EngSci just find one.

chemical engineering is the hardest to get in
Was this helpful? Yes 0

No, engsci is. That's pretty much fact.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote
No, engsci is. That's pretty much fact.

the difference is insignificance
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I may not have exact numbers, but I'm willing to bet no one get into EngSci with under 90% last year. Chem Eng on the other hand accepts people as low as mid-80s, sometimes maybe even lower. My friend got rejected from EngSci with an 89 (he wasn't expecting to get in anyways) and got an offer to trackone instead, which has a higher cutoff than chem eng to begin with.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote
I may not have exact numbers, but I'm willing to bet no one get into EngSci with under 90% last year. Chem Eng on the other hand accepts people as low as mid-80s, sometimes maybe even lower. My friend got rejected from EngSci with an 89 (he wasn't expecting to get in anyways) and got an offer to trackone instead, which has a higher cutoff than chem eng to begin with.

how so?
don't take this wrong way, i applied to chem eng as well and happy to hear they accept ppl with low-mid 80s but
chem eng only accept like 130 while eng sci get at least 300
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Chem Eng has much lower demand than EngSci. EngSci is considered by many to be one of the hardest, most rigorous, most demanding programs in Canada (and maybe beyond that). It attracts more or less any Asian kid with above 90% and has hopes of going to U of T for engineering (and there are a lot of them).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote
Chem Eng has much lower demand than EngSci. EngSci is considered by many to be one of the hardest, most rigorous, most demanding programs in Canada (and maybe beyond that). It attracts more or less any Asian kid with above 90% and has hopes of going to U of T for engineering (and there are a lot of them).

first of all, you damn smart asians
second of all, tell me if you find average got in for chem eng last year. seriously it's impossible to find.
i'm afraid my average is gona go down because of english
do they accept ppl with 80~85 randomly or, based on higher mark ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0