yconic - When does it end?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

When does it end?

A photo of RobbieF RobbieF
When does the acceptance period end for Queen's and McGill? I was accepted to uOttawa and they say that a final decision has to be made by the second week of April (or so). From what I was told, people stop getting accepted mid-May (verify this please). How would I go about choosing what university to attend if I'm not sure if I'm getting in or not. Also, my marks are on the lower end for Student Awards so if I were to be accepted to Queen's, I'd imagine it would be toward the end.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of LWilliams LWilliams
Are you sure? Usually they say they want an answer by May/June. I would call them up if I were you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@LWilliams wrote
Are you sure? Usually they say they want an answer by May/June. I would call them up if I were you.

"In order to accept your offer of admission and to prepare yourself for registration, please follow these steps by using the tabs available at the top of this page.

Admission Response: Accept your offer of admission before Tuesday, April 12, 2011 by following the instructions. Please note that it can take three to five working days for your offer of admission to be displayed on your OUAC account."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kyleigh711 kyleigh711
I don't know for sure but this is what I found on ouac:

"May 30, 2011
The latest date by which all secondary school applicants shall expect a response from an Ontario university. Such a response will be one of:

1. an offer of admission;
2. a refusal; or
3. a deferral pending the receipt of specific additional information.

June 2, 2011
The earliest date by which Ontario universities may require a response to an offer of admission and a financial commitment of any kind (e.g., registration deposit, residence deposit, etc.) from an Ontario secondary school student."

The only thing I can think of is that they made the decision deadline earlier for out of province students. For some programs, out of province students get accepted earlier too.
LWilliams is right, why not give the schools a call and ask? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

By that logic, would I get rejected earlier too? I'll give them a call over the next few days and I'll let you know what they tell me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

For those who may still be interested, Ottawa Student Ambassadors advised me that I can accept my offer through OUAC and still change it after I've been accepted elsewhere. It's not official until you validate through the website so I was told. I read somewhere on their website that you have to let them know through the registrar at the university that you are withdrawing your confirmation. Thanks for the info regardless everyone.
Was this helpful? Yes 0