yconic - When Does U of T Notify Applicants Of Decisions?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

When Does U of T Notify Applicants Of Decisions?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm currently a high school student and am a Canadian citizen living in the U.S. (California). I submitted my application to U of T back in December, and also sent them a full SAT score report from the College Board (includes both SAT Reasoning and Subject Test scores). Since mid-term transcripts at my school get sent out really late, U of T only just received my transcript in early March. Now it's March 16 and my application status says "File complete and currently under review". How long will it take for me to be notified of my decision? Does U of T accept people on an ongoing basis? I have not lived in Canada for a long time so I have no idea how this whole thing works. Ironically, I'm much more familiar with U.S. universities than Canadian ones. In the U.S., I already got into UCLA and UC Irvine, but would be more interested in going back to Canada than attending either of those schools, because UC's are CRAZY expensive for international students.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
24 replies

If it's relevant at all, I applied into Trinity College at the main U of T campus at St. George. My intended major is in the humanities (linguistics).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

Thanks for the information! I guess I should be reasonably expecting a decision around the end of this month, then. :)

I'm assuming you're a Canadian citizen living abroad, too. I currently live in SoCal (Orange County), even though I've moved around very frequently throughout my life and thus have a rather nomadic lifestyle. This is actually my third high school in four years. My previous high school was in another state, and the one before that was located outside North America, so I've had to adapt to new environments fairly quickly.

Funny that you should mention Ivies and Stanford... I actually applied to five Ivies (Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Penn), MIT, and Stanford Restrictive Early Action. Unfortunately I got rejected from Stanford REA and MIT, but I'm not really emotionally attached to any one school so I'm not heartbroken. I'd be happy to get into at least one of these schools, though the chance of THAT happening is also really slim, so I'm not counting on it at all. I guess you could say that I have average/above average stats for all those schools - 3.8 unweighted GPA on 4.0 scale (affected slightly by the fact that I had to frequently transfer schools), 2350 SAT Reasoning, 750, 790, 800, 800, and 790 on five SAT II's, 5's and 4's on seven AP exams, decent/fairly unique extracurriculars, a few significant awards... again, since there are like a million other people like me in the Ivy applicant pools, I'm not being too hopeful about my chances there, but hopefully I should get into U of T. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

2320/800/800/770 and apprehensive about your chances?? Dude, you shouldn't even BE complaining. :P And a 3.7 is not going to keep you out by any means, especially since the rest of your app is good!

Also, it's practically impossible for you to have any "shortcomings" since YOU GOT INTO UCB. I am horribly jealous (though don't they release decisions on the 24th?).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of moodeline moodeline
Not trying to intrude into this conversation, but I'm in a similar situation to you guys:) I'm Canadian, but from BC. I applied to trinity, they did first round in february only for ontario applicants. Apparently they start admitting out of province/out of country in the end of march! Fingers crossed:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I see. You're lucky though! I wish my counselor did the same thing, because UC Berkeley is definitely my top-choice UC and my parents have even said they wouldn't mind paying 50k a year for me to go there.

I don't think a poor senior year would be that detrimental to your chances. Isn't it usually your junior year that's the most important year?

(NOTE: To all those perusing this forum, I realize this discussion has strayed off its original topic. I apologize. LashGordon, I think I should talk to you via PM from now on :P)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

Oh wow, I thought you were still in high school like me! You're in a pretty interesting situation then...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

Oh you jerk, don't even pretend like you were trying to edit those posts in the first place ;) Thanks for officially making me look stupid since it seems I'm talking to myself now... :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
HAHAH, it does seem like you're talking to yourself.
I hear they make offers like.. once a month, though.
So you shouldn't be too worried. :)
It took them 1.5 months after they received my transcripts before I got any news back.

P.S. I'm so jealous.. Canadian but living in California. That would be my dream come true.
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the info. :)

And you would NOT have liked California if you came this year. We've had an unusually large amount of rainy days and cold weather. L.A. is nice, but the traffic in the surrounding areas is terrible. :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^
I beg to differ!
Don't even begin with me about rain until you've lived in Vancouver for all your life.
It rains here 365 days a year.
Okay - not that often, but at LEAST 1/3 of the year consists of rain!
I'd switch places anyyyy dayyy!
UCLA is my dream!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Leesh1993 Leesh1993
They made my decision in 2 week. U of T got my transcript near end of february and I was informed late last week. I guess I was very lucky.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^
Seriously?!
Where are you from?! O:
They got mine at the beginning of February but didn't make a decision till like.. late February,
But Feb is short..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks to the both of you! :) And Cynthia, even if the rain doesn't bother you (I'll admit, SoCal still has quite a few sunny days), the traffic definitely will! I arrived 20 minutes late to this academic competition because of it (long story...)
Was this helpful? Yes 0