yconic - When to apply ?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

When to apply ?

A photo of austinc88 austinc88
Hi guys,

I have a few questions:

I was just wondering when the best time would be for me to apply to university. Should I wait until my grades are higher than the mid-term grades suggest, or should I apply right away.

This is mainly for scholarship reasons. I was also wondering if you apply right away, if they'll look at your grades at the time of the application, or if they'll look at your overall grades in your senior years?

My last question is what is taken into consideration for the applicants of the major entrance scholarship and awards? EC's and grades?

Thanks a lot!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of Louise Louise
Well it's better to apply sooner than later, unless your absolutely sure that your grades will raise.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I agree with Louise.

Apply as soon as you can. I applied at the beginning November and I'm glad I did since I have so many things to do before Xmas holidays start. It's easy to forget and it's better to get it over with so it is not forgotten.

The deadline is sometime in January I believe so it's best to do it right away or over the Xmas holidays if you have time. They don't even look at midterms for 1st semester anyways (right now I have no gr12 marks on my OUAC because of that).

I think for scholarships they look at grades and EC's, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ilovescience ilovescience
it doesnt matter when you apply
the marks go in twice, in febuary and after the march break
as for scholarships...that varies
some scholarships are just marks, others are on EC of need
good luck applying
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xXxUfacStorAxXx xXxUfacStorAxXx
Apply as soon as you can. Don't wait for grades to go up, etc. The university will just wait for the semester end marks if you are not admissible with current midterm marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of austinc88 austinc88
Thanks guys!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Applications are due by mid January. I recommend you get yours in asap. The sooner the better!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
What does your heart tell you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@Qq wrote

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
APPLY NOW!!!

It doesn't matter what your grades are now. Right now you could only get early acceptance anyways, which isn't common and not all schools/programs give early admission now, or at all.

The universities will look at your updated marks for the next round of offers if you don't get an offer the first round.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@Qq wrote

Haha yes!

Follow your heart!
Was this helpful? Yes 0