yconic - When to apply?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

When to apply?

A photo of gassergasser gassergasser
I got my OUAC pin yesterday but I still think its too early to apply, I was planning on applying before the christmas break though. So what do you think would be the best time to apply between today and the break?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Jesso4 Jesso4
Apply as soon as you can! Universities and colleges have a "magic number" of people they automatically accept no matter what. Initiative is a big green check on your application. Also, if you apply now, there is less chance of the system crashing during the Christmas holidays when everyone else applies. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gorges26 Gorges26
It doesn't matter when you apply, so long as it's before the deadline. Your chances of getting into a university don't increase the earlier you apply. Sorry, but the "initiative is a big green check on your application" thing isn't true.

Although yes, it is better to get this sort of thing out of the way sooner, rather than waiting until the last minute in case you can't apply due to being "busy" or away for the holidays or whatever reason.

It's never too early to apply. Personally I remember applying in the first week of December when I was in grade 12.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Whenever you're ready..

I applied over Christmas break (last week of December).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RheyDCD11 RheyDCD11
Pppl apply early to see if they will get early admission otherwise just apply before the deadline which is january 11 this year i think O.O
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cheers123 cheers123
I applied during november 1st or 2nd week.Think thats TOO early or anything?
Just heard from only i uni.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
It doesn't really matter when you apply as long as you apply before the deadline
Was this helpful? Yes 0