yconic - Where are the new Gryphons?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Where are the new Gryphons?

A photo of biosci biosci
Hey guys, who here is coming to the University of Guelph in September 2011! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
There aren't any new Gryphons. They all decided to come to Western :cheers: :cheers:

Aha kidding. but seriously..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Smiles93 Smiles93
Me, haha. :)
But seriously, I don't know anyone else at my school who's going to Guelph - they're all going to Mac!
Makes me insecure xD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dillabbo dillabbo
I accepted my offer today!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of biosci biosci

@cosstickxx wrote
There aren't any new Gryphons. They all decided to come to Western :cheers: :cheers:

Aha kidding. but seriously..

Lets not start ;) LMAO :brilsmurf
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of biosci biosci

@dillabbo wrote
I accepted my offer today!

Awesome! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of biosci biosci

@Smiles93 wrote
But seriously, I don't know anyone else at my school who's going to Guelph - they're all going to Mac!
Makes me insecure xD

There was only 3 from my school too don't worry :) have you joined the fb group?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz
Why would someone pay thousands of dollars to learn how to fertilize a garden with manure?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Smiles93 Smiles93

@biosci wrote

@Smiles93 wrote
Makes me insecure xD

There was only 3 from my school too don't worry :) have you joined the fb group?

I'll join asap, lol.

Is it because Guelph is underrated or because people also want to go to a more famous school? One person said he was going to Carleton and automatically, everyone shot back saying, "Why?" "Are you stupid?" "Go to Mac instead."

Whatever, I like Guelph. I accepted my offer last week and signed up for residence already.

I haven't paid deposit yet, though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bonafide603207 bonafide603207
I'm stuck between Guelph and Western atm...Help me out? and I know you can't tell me where I'll like better.aha. But does Guelph have a large variety of course options?

Ps. Bio med is where I'm headed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rishnarale rishnarale

@biosci wrote
Hey guys, who here is coming to the University of Guelph in September 2011! :cheers:

Ive applied to guelph for CompSci. My avg is good enough so I expecting to get in. But i havent heard anything yet on ouac.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of solangealmeida1 solangealmeida1
i'm going for bio sci :) accepted last week aaaand also applied for res!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of biosci biosci
Congratulations on coming to Guelph! Biomed majors do have a really wide selection of courses in their 3rd and 4th years and also we have the anatomy course where you work on cadavers. I believe it's the only university in canada where you can do that in your undergrad ;) most people only get to work on cadavers in professional programs.

If you go here you can take a look at some of the courses:
http://www.uoguelph.ca/registrar/calendars/undergraduate/current/c10/c10bsc-biom.shtml

:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of biosci biosci

@bonafide603207 wrote
I'm stuck between Guelph and Western atm...Help me out? and I know you can't tell me where I'll like better.aha. But does Guelph have a large variety of course options?

Ps. Bio med is where I'm headed.

You won't find cadavers anywhere in your undergrad program at western. At Guelph you will and it truely is a great course. What better way of learning than actually seeing all the parts and organs of the human body? It's way better than a diagram from a text book.
Was this helpful? Yes 0