yconic - Where do I register for online courses?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Where do I register for online courses?

A photo of jadegoddard jadegoddard
I'm an Ontario student still in high school looking to take an grade 12 online course. I asked my guidance counsellor to refer me to an website which would help me acheive an online course, however she deterred me from this option saying it would likely be harder. I'm looking for a reliable site which will allow me to take a course that will count as one of my credits if possible. I don't know much about online schooling but if anyone can help me locate a website that would be great!
Thanks!:compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of 6x7 6x7
It's best to go again and talk to your guidance counsellor.

A lot of sites will say that they offer online courses, but they are actually scams, asking you for fees. Whereas, if you do an online course by your school board, it's free and legitimate. It's better to be safe than sorry. Otherwise, your other option is night school - but they get in the way with extra-curriculars and part-time jobs.

Your guidance counsellor shouldn't be allowed to withold those courses from you- you have the right to try them out. She should be there to GUIDE you, not defer you from any of your options. So go there and ask to see the list, because you have the right to try them out. You never know if they are harder for you if you don't try.

I have a friend who takes online courses, and she finds them beneficial to her. I have also taken a a grade 12 online course before, and I found it easier as well! The due dates for assignments and tests were flexible, and as long as I naded in something before the end of the course, it served no problem. Also, I was able to contact other students of the course online, and we all worked together on our homework, so I ended up learning more.

So talk to your guidance counsellor and ask her to try out a course. The worst possible thing that could happen is that you drop the course - but at least you were given the chance to try.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of meganrankin12 meganrankin12

@6x7 wrote
It's best to go again and talk to your guidance counsellor.

A lot of sites will say that they offer online courses, but they are actually scams, asking you for fees. Whereas, if you do an online course by your school board, it's free and legitimate. It's better to be safe than sorry. Otherwise, your other option is night school - but they get in the way with extra-curriculars and part-time jobs.

Your guidance counsellor shouldn't be allowed to withold those courses from you- you have the right to try them out. She should be there to GUIDE you, not defer you from any of your options. So go there and ask to see the list, because you have the right to try them out. You never know if they are harder for you if you don't try.

I have a friend who takes online courses, and she finds them beneficial to her. I have also taken a a grade 12 online course before, and I found it easier as well! The due dates for assignments and tests were flexible, and as long as I naded in something before the end of the course, it served no problem. Also, I was able to contact other students of the course online, and we all worked together on our homework, so I ended up learning more.

So talk to your guidance counsellor and ask her to try out a course. The worst possible thing that could happen is that you drop the course - but at least you were given the chance to try.

which course online did you take? i'm debating taking university gr.12 english online but i'm having doubts..any opinions would help!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0