yconic - Where Should I go for a Social Sciences degree?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Where Should I go for a Social Sciences degree?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Law School is my goal.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of waitaminute waitaminute
It doesn't matter at all. If you go to law school in Canada and have a undergrad degree from any university in Canada, it doesn't matter which university you went to. All that matters is GPA & LSAT (and in some occasions EC's). Go somewhere you will be happy. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@waitaminute wrote
It doesn't matter at all. If you go to law school in Canada and have a undergrad degree from any university in Canada, it doesn't matter which university you went to. All that matters is GPA & LSAT (and in some occasions EC's). Go somewhere you will be happy. Good luck!

I want to do sociology/legal studies out of interest. I prefer to stay in Toronto so I'm looking at Ryerson,UTSC and York. I'm also considering Waterloo,Laurier and Mac. My main priority is to get a high gpa and I want to go to the uni that's decent for social sciences. Out of these, what do you think my best options are?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Hunger wrote

@waitaminute wrote

I want to do sociology/legal studies out of interest. I prefer to stay in Toronto so I'm looking at Ryerson,UTSC and York. I'm also considering Waterloo,Laurier and Mac. My main priority is to get a high gpa and I want to go to the uni that's decent for social sciences. Out of these, what do you think my best options are?

Waterloo and Mac are science/engineering schools. Laurier is only really good for business. Ryerson is mainly for service sector jobs and media. I think you should decide between UTSC and York personally. I'm not sure though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AgriGen AgriGen
Stay away from waterloo, mac, ryerson and laurier.

For social sciences your top picks should generally be uoft, mcgill and ubc. If you dont get into these three then york is also a decent program (especially for soc).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WhiteNoise WhiteNoise

@Hunger wrote

Go to a soup kitchen so that you may familiarize yourself with the place you will be frequenting once you complete your social science degree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kareemy Kareemy

@WhiteNoise wrote

@Hunger wrote

Go to a soup kitchen so that you may familiarize yourself with the place you will be frequenting once you complete your social science degree.

Cracked me up, for sure! But far from true. Although you might often hear of people having difficulty finding jobs after their Arts degree or something or other has been acquired, it all depends on what YOU do with it. Are you just going to school, day by day, or are you getting involved in the community and letting future employers know of your value by way of your resume?

Perseverance, my friends!
Was this helpful? Yes 0