yconic - Where should I go: University of Toronto or McGill?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Where should I go: University of Toronto or McGill?

A photo of DanClark DanClark
I got into both Universities. The BCom program at Desautels Faculty of Management (McGill) and into Rotman Commerce (at U of Toronto). Both are undergraduate programs.
Which one do you think is a better university and why? (Please mention aspects like student body, reputation, city life (Toronto vs. Montreal), and any other relevant things to consider).

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
McGill.
IMO Montreal>Toronto
Desautels recruiting > Rotman recruiting
Reputation-wise, I heard Desautels places much better than Rotman on Bay Street and anything else in finance for that matter. I don't have any real numbers though it's just what I heard :P
Idk about costs but you could easily search that up :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4

@iliketurtles wrote
McGill.
IMO Montreal>Toronto
Desautels recruiting > Rotman recruiting
Reputation-wise, I heard Desautels places much better than Rotman on Bay Street and anything else in finance for that matter. I don't have any real numbers though it's just what I heard :P
Idk about costs but you could easily search that up :D

^I agree with everything above.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jasonty9 jasonty9
eh oh
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DanClark DanClark
I'm glad to hear you consider McGill better, because I really have my eye set on it.
I mainly like Desautels because of the student body, wide variety of majors/concentrations and availability of financial aid. When it comes to city life, I ADORE Toronto, though... far more than Montreal.

Any other thoughts? I could really use some more opinions on the matter! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@DanClark wrote
I'm glad to hear you consider McGill better, because I really have my eye set on it.
I mainly like Desautels because of the student body, wide variety of majors/concentrations and availability of financial aid. When it comes to city life, I ADORE Toronto, though... far more than Montreal.

Any other thoughts? I could really use some more opinions on the matter! :)

It's a little unusual that you find Toronto's nightlife > Montreal's...I actually lived in Toronto pretty much my entire life and it's great, but having been to Montreal a few times I'm still in love with it. It's a personal opinion I guess, but you were pretty much the only person I've ever heard say Toronto > Montreal :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0