yconic - Where to live in Toronto?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Where to live in Toronto?

A photo of wereToronto wereToronto
So I have been searching for a while for a great deal of bright/safe 2-bedroom apartment close to all amenities in Toronto.. Couldn't find cheaper than $1800 with utilites!!

Any suggestion where to live in Toronto to easily go to York everyday? My main concerns are safety/clean , less than $1600 without having to pay for hydro, water, elect. and of course close to school.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Yup welcome to Toronto. Because buying is so expensive, a LOT of people rent and availability is at an all time low. Non-commercial landlords thus get very picky and can choose the "right" tenant, and not just one who can pay and won't make a mess.

I found a nice two bedroom near St Clair and Bathurst for $1250/month (utilities and parking included) which is on the right subway line to take you up to York (I should know, even though I go to U of T my department is East of York). This was after 2-3 months of searching. You need to be really diligent with the adds and come with everything a landlord might want (credit report, letter of employment, post-dated cheques, etc.) and arrive early if possible. It's competitive
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
pro tip: renting rooms in a shared house tends to be cheaper than an apartment.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sarahermias sarahermias
hmmm, york doesnt give much options =\ i think theres sum apt's not too far from it though

but in any case...

PLEASE HELP EVERYONE!

whoever gets the most likes on their photo wins a nikon! I've been saving up for years now, and still can't afford one. winning this would be my dream come true ='[

please click this link and like the pic! (and please, ONLY my pic lol).

That's all it takes! thanks so SO MUCH, I'll forever appreciate it =D. ps this is NOT a virus, its a facebook page lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=221778197891752&set=a.215182415217997.49889.123610707708502&type=1&ref=nf
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apollo2010 apollo2010
Check out The Village which is super close to York. You can find rooms there for like $450 a month, which isn't bad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0