yconic - Where to?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Where to?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I've been accepted at McGill, Carleton and Queens for engineering. I've toured them all and done a bunch of research on all of them. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on where they'd go. I'd really like to know what the campus feel and student experience is at all of them. I know all first year engineering programs are pretty much the same but what's the atmosphere at each of them.

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of jackcnd jackcnd

@Marshallhq wrote
I've been accepted at McGill, Carleton and Queens for engineering. I've toured them all and done a bunch of research on all of them. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on where they'd go. I'd really like to know what the campus feel and student experience is at all of them. I know all first year engineering programs are pretty much the same but what's the atmosphere at each of them.

Thanks

Waterloo
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lolcostco lolcostco

@jackcnd wrote

@Marshallhq wrote

Thanks

Waterloo

this
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ILovePeach ILovePeach

@jackcnd wrote

@Marshallhq wrote

Thanks

Waterloo

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If you guys actually read what he said, he didn't get accepted there or didn't apply xD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jackcnd jackcnd

@gurkang wrote
If you guys actually read what he said, he didn't get accepted there or didn't apply xD

WE KNOW lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MatHildebrand MatHildebrand
Hey OP, i've been accepted into both Carleton and Waterloo (the two to which i've applied).

I would personally say Carleton! For starters, Ottawa is a fantastic city, one of the reasons why i'm going (originally from Manitoba). Another is the amount of money they give you! Waterloo has so far only offered me $2000 to come to their school, while Carleton is offering me $7000 (this is before Waterloo sends out it's next round of engineering scholarships), however I don't see Waterloo offering much more than an extra grand. (my average is ~97%). Of course I'm not sure how these scholarships compare to the other universities you've applied to but Carleton is known for giving out lots of cash.

A few other factors include atmosphere, again from what i've heard Carleton has an awesome campus, and same with Queens, McGill probably has a fairly nice campus too, however I've heard that Waterloo's campus is kind of dreary. The other factor to worry about is engineering reputation, so it depends on what type of engineering you want to take, in my case i'm taking ECE, and Carleton has lots of facilities for ECE majors!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@MatHildebrand wrote
Hey OP, i've been accepted into both Carleton and Waterloo (the two to which i've applied).

I would personally say Carleton! For starters, Ottawa is a fantastic city, one of the reasons why i'm going (originally from Manitoba). Another is the amount of money they give you! Waterloo has so far only offered me $2000 to come to their school, while Carleton is offering me $7000 (this is before Waterloo sends out it's next round of engineering scholarships), however I don't see Waterloo offering much more than an extra grand. (my average is ~97%). Of course I'm not sure how these scholarships compare to the other universities you've applied to but Carleton is known for giving out lots of cash.

A few other factors include atmosphere, again from what i've heard Carleton has an awesome campus, and same with Queens, McGill probably has a fairly nice campus too, however I've heard that Waterloo's campus is kind of dreary. The other factor to worry about is engineering reputation, so it depends on what type of engineering you want to take, in my case i'm taking ECE, and Carleton has lots of facilities for ECE majors!

Yeah but Waterloo's Co-op is worth tens of thousands of dollars plus work experience that will kickstart your career.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MatHildebrand MatHildebrand

@shirlx wrote

@MatHildebrand wrote

Yeah but Waterloo's Co-op is worth tens of thousands of dollars plus work experience that will kickstart your career.

Right, but a lot of places have awesome Co-op as well, specifically big city schools (like Carleton or U of T) where there are many host companies to choose from.
Was this helpful? Yes 0