yconic - which is better UWO biological& medical science or mcmaster lifscience
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

which is better UWO biological& medical science or mcmaster lifscience

A photo of ma7moud ma7moud
i want to know which one is better UWO biological&medical science or mcmaster life science I want to get in medicine school so i want to know which prepare me better and what is easier and i hear the UWO is a party school this means that it is academically bad university ???? i am thinking about UWO over mcmaster i think it is easier so i can get a better gpa in order to join a medicine school but if it is considered a bad school so i do not like to join it . please no biased opinions because i am international student and i have no idea about canadian universities so i rely on your opinions
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy
Since when is UWO considered a bad school? We are a party school but also one of the best schools in Canada, we are generally in the top 3 admissions averages in all of Canada (alongside McGill and Queens this year), and we have more graduates in the "Top 40 under 40" than any other Canadian university.

Also, in Canada it really doesn't matter where you go for your undergraduate degree, you are pretty much going to get the same education regardless of whether you go to Queens, Western, Guelph, etc.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of waazup waazup
UWO is actually one of the best schools, known for its Richard Ivey School of Business - probably the best (at least in the top 3) business school in canada.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23
I would say Western.
Mac is know for its health sciences, not so much for its life sciences.

You can't go wrong with Western, best student experience in Canada, ranked #1 in Times Magazine, One of the best party schools in North America (#4 by playboy Magazine) with exceptional academics all around.

Also nicest (IMO) Campus in Canada

Bet Mac can't beat that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17
I'd say it's probably just slightly easier to get a higher GPA at Mac Lifesci than it is at UWO Biomed, assuming you have high enough marks after first year to get into the biomed program second year at all. Western had an admissions cutoff of 87% for its science program this year - that's definitely higher than Mac Lifesci's. But when it comes down to it, you can apply to med school from any university & any program that you want to, provided you have the right prerequisite courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

mcmaster life science is 82 on the world (http://www.topuniversities.com/institution/mcmaster-university/wur) so how ?????
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@ma7moud wrote
mcmaster life science is 82 on the world (http://www.topuniversities.com/institution/mcmaster-university/wur) so how ?????

They're probably taking into account McMasters HEALTH science program as well, which is very good.

And once again, in Canada, where you go for your undergrad doesn't matter! An employer doesn't care whether you have an undergraduate degree from Western or McMaster... all the top universities in Canada pretty much provide the exact same education.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

JNBirDy is UWO from canada top universities ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17

@ma7moud wrote
JNBirDy is UWO from canada top universities ?

Yes, it is. UWO is one of Canada's top universities, no question. Why are you finding that so hard to believe?
Was this helpful? Yes 0