yconic - which job is the best?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

which job is the best?

A photo of coreymaida coreymaida
which job allowed you the most freedom with the most hours available to be able to complete your school work and maintain somewhat of a social life
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
The kind where you get paid for doing nothing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Starstruck Starstruck
I work at an amusement park, so only weekends during the school year and then five days a week during the summer. It's a good gig; you know your weekday evenings are free, so you can plan ahead, do your homework, and hang out with friends. Friday nights become your best friend, unless you know your schedule super early and can get an early shift on a Saturday or Sunday.
Then you make lots of money.
And then I realized that the original post was from January...:P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
With any job at the mall, you have good hours and a food court two minutes away.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
I'm not sure, but retail sucks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Super Super

@littleroom wrote

How does it suck? I want a job as a sales rep, not POS cashier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Zion wrote
With any job at the mall, you have good hours and a food court two minutes away.

What's the point of earning money if you're just going to blow it on lunch everyday?

To answer the original question, front-desk jobs at small companies or organizations often give you the freedom to surf the net, do homework, or whatever, when it isn't busy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
McDonald's or generally a service job.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@ARMY101 wrote

I'm working a service job. Lifeguarding & Swim Instructing. Honestly, it is a McJob, but with better work conditions & experiences.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BrownianMotion BrownianMotion
My current job.

Coming in a close second is "PIMP."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@ARMY101 wrote

There are way better jobs a student could get though. Like a job that basically pays you to do your homework. They are available.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BrownianMotion BrownianMotion

@BrownianMotion wrote
My current job.

Coming in a close second is "PIMP."

I only read the title of the thread, and not where the OP says "most freedom with the most hours available to be able to complete your school work."

Disregard my previous post.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@Super wrote

@littleroom wrote

Because you have to bootlick customers for 8 hours a day. And the music sucks. And it repeats. Everyday.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@littleroom wrote

@Super wrote

@littleroom wrote

Because you have to bootlick customers for 8 hours a day. And the music sucks. And it repeats. Everyday.

But I love top 40 music!

Anyways, OP, you should look into a receptionist job... my friend has a reception job at a retirement home and all he needs to do is push the button that opens the front door. :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of timog timog
I would have to say that being a formula 1 race engineer would be the best job. It is a tough job to develop fast cars with all those aerodynamic stuff but you get to travel across the world.

I think that any job that would require you to travel to various places for free, would be the best job. But some would not like that as they would be away from their families but you get to visit a lot of places.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@timog wrote
I would have to say that being a formula 1 race engineer would be the best job. It is a tough job to develop fast cars with all those aerodynamic stuff but you get to travel across the world.

I think that any job that would require you to travel to various places for free, would be the best job. But some would not like that as they would be away from their families but you get to visit a lot of places.

Clearly you didn't read OP's original post LMAO!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Robert52 Robert52
I have never tried this job myself, but working in a DVD rental store seems pretty lax. Every time I go in there the staff are just chatting with each other, watching DVDs, or surfing the Internet. I guess they can do what they want until it's time to serve customers. It would probably be a pretty good part-time job to have as a student; you could work a few hours in the evenings and read/do homework when you are not serving customers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Businessman Businessman
Right now I am working at the gas station.
My shifts during monday-friday are 4pm-10pm.
When I get bored at work I solve sudoku, read a book/magazine or start making plans. I use my time at work wisely and get paid for reading books.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of identicalxlime identicalxlime
I work at Starbucks, gives me a lot of free time over the week. However, Im one of those people that studies all the time so hours dont really affect me. (I also work full time). But, Starbucks also has scholarships for university or college so it works.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Politician.
Was this helpful? Yes 0