yconic - which job is the best?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

which job is the best?

A photo of coreymaida coreymaida
which job allowed you the most freedom with the most hours available to be able to complete your school work and maintain somewhat of a social life
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
if you want time for yourself and your studies.. don't get a job in the food industry.
that definitely messed me up this year a bit.

but then again, if you have good time management skills and a good way of balancing, any job would be the same..

a job in retail would prob give you the most leeway, but still, all jobs require a certain amount of commitment.. at least.. 10-15? hours a week.. for a part-time employee anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of shirleyluu shirleyluu
most part time places should understand that school comes first, so just make sure to make that clear when you start :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@shirleyluu wrote
most part time places should understand that school comes first, so just make sure to make that clear when you start :)

It really depends on the place you apply for/work at. I've worked at some jobs that were totally understanding, but I've also worked at places that expected me to work my schedule around theirs.
But like shirley said, make sure you make it VERY clear to them at the beginning that you are, in fact, a student and that your main focus is school, not working.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dyipper dyipper
I would love to be that guy on Man vs Food.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@coreymaida wrote
which job allowed you the most freedom with the most hours available to be able to complete your school work and maintain somewhat of a social life

Hands down working with McDonald's. You pick your own schedule, so if you want to work Monday night, Wednesday morning, then Friday afternoon, they can do that for you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cat11 cat11
For me Dairy Queen worked out pretty well, they had many workers so scheduling shifts was easy and if u had a test coming up u can book a few days off in advance, but most fast food restaurants are busy and have a lot of commitment hours but i dont kno how the retail industry would be.
Was this helpful? Yes 0