yconic - Which McGill residences provide Halal food?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Which McGill residences provide Halal food?

A photo of Galactical Galactical
I know Muslim students attend McGill. What do they do about their dietary requirements? Do they cook themselves or are there any residences that provide Halal food? If there are any, please tell me because the residence deadline is coming up and I do not know how to cook..
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of asian123 asian123
Im a fellow Muslim as well :)

I heard New Rez has halal burgers and i was considering it, but there are waaay too many ppl there and i heard how many people drink/do drugs there etc... so i chose RVC and C4 as my top 2.

Cant we chicken though? Also, there are many halal restaurants in Montreal.
http://www.zabihah.com/c/Montreal+58
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@asian123 wrote
Im a fellow Muslim as well :)

I heard New Rez has halal burgers and i was considering it, but there are waaay too many ppl there and i heard how many people drink/do drugs there etc... so i chose RVC and C4 as my top 2.

Cant we chicken though? Also, there are many halal restaurants in Montreal.
http://www.zabihah.com/c/Montreal+58

I suppose we can eat chicken...However, I am extremely very swine-o-phobic. I cannot tolerate the flesh of that animal nor anything contaminated by it.

I know there are halal restaurants in Montreal. But is it realistic to eat there everyday??!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@Galactical wrote
I suppose we can eat chicken...However, I am extremely very swine-o-phobic. I cannot tolerate the flesh of that animal nor anything contaminated by it.

I know there are halal restaurants in Montreal. But is it realistic to eat there everyday??!!

I am not Muslim, so sorry to invade, but I have a question: is there no such thing as Halal chicken?

And I can tell you that eating outside food everyday is awful. It's bad for your health, and when I tried it for a while, I was missing home-made food terribly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@littleroom wrote

@Galactical wrote

I am not Muslim, so sorry to invade, but I have a question: is there no such thing as Halal chicken?

And I can tell you that eating outside food everyday is awful. It's bad for your health, and when I tried it for a while, I was missing home-made food terribly.

There is such a thing as Halal chicken. Whether a meat (except swine) is halal depends on whether or not the animal is slaughtered according to the Islamic way. It is like kosher.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^^^
So, I got in 3575 University. I don't know whether that is Greenbriar or University Hall. Does anyone know?? If it is Greenbriar, twas my first choice :P.
Was this helpful? Yes 0