yconic - Which one should I choose really need your help
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Which one should I choose really need your help

A photo of XCEINOX XCEINOX
I got into rotman commerce today and I also have offer from utsc coop management.
I am not really sure what professional designation I should choose but im pretty pro finance and against accounting.
Which program should I attend?
Please state your reason and if you can, please tell me " is rootman really that impossible to survive?

Trolls no dick
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Rotman.
Better program unless you are completely anti asian. Sorry if this comes across racist but its the fact of the matter. Rotman has a much stronger finance program, and the location for the school is much nicer. Who doesn't want to live downtown?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

but bro is rotman that impossible to survive? I have heard so many scary stories inside and out. Don't want to fail rotman.
Im asian my self so i have no problem with asians
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
I don't know anyone personally in Rotman. Try to talk to graduates of the program (if you can) to find out. Maybe search on LinkedIn for people and shoot them a message?

There are horror stories from just about any program. If you're smart and work hard you'll be fine at it.

And I thought you were by your name but decided to mention it anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lol how does my name tell anything about me. Yeah i have been struggling over this two programs for the whole day. Bad thing rotman only comes at late May, leaves me so little time to make a decision.

I think im 80% for Rotman because of it's finance program and I am really into Math.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jeffhe Jeffhe

@XCEINOX wrote
I got into rotman commerce today and I also have offer from utsc coop management.
I am not really sure what professional designation I should choose but im pretty pro finance and against accounting.
Please state your reason and if you can, please tell me " is rootman really that impossible to survive?

Trolls no dick

I think the only reason you are even considering UTSC is because of its coop placement program. Personally, I feel like Rotman triumphs UTSC in basically everything else, from university experience to the quality of education. For that reason, I would select Rotman. If you plan to go into finance, neither Rotman or UTSC is that great compared to Ivey or Queen's, but if they are your only choices, I would go with Rotman. At Rotman, you will be part of a great curriculum (not as hard as what people make it out to be), you will be at the financial hub of Canada, you will meet bright people and you will have access to a wide variety of extra curricular activities that you just won't find in a secondary campus like UTSC. The professors at Rotman undergrad I heard aren't that impressive, however keep in mind the Rotman is still UofT's main business school so the best professors they have should be there and not else where. Coop placement is definitely a plus for UTSC, but overall, Rotman is better.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jeffhe wrote

@XCEINOX wrote

Trolls no dick

I think the only reason you are even considering UTSC is because of its coop placement program. Personally, I feel like Rotman triumphs UTSC in basically everything else, from university experience to the quality of education. For that reason, I would select Rotman. If you plan to go into finance, neither Rotman or UTSC is that great compared to Ivey or Queen's, but if they are your only choices, I would go with Rotman. At Rotman, you will be part of a great curriculum (not as hard as what people make it out to be), you will be at the financial hub of Canada, you will meet bright people and you will have access to a wide variety of extra curricular activities that you just won't find in a secondary campus like UTSC. The professors at Rotman undergrad I heard aren't that impressive, however keep in mind the Rotman is still UofT's main business school so the best professors they have should be there and not else where. Coop placement is definitely a plus for UTSC, but overall, Rotman is better.

Thank you So much~
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hairykangaroo hairykangaroo
Choose rotman.

Yes, the dropout rates are pretty high compared to other programs, but I think it's more due to lack of effort from first-year students rather than the difficulty of the courses.

From the original SA forum, there was a long thread in which senior students in the RC program answered a lot of questions and gave tips to RC prospects... you should check it out:

http://forums.studentawards.com/yaf_postst8705_I-am-a-current-Rotman-Commerce-studentany-questions.aspx

It's a bit outdated but it gives you a good idea of what to expect and which path you should follow based on your best interests... I'm particularly anxious to see which profs ill end up with as it can mean a huge difference to your GPA (some profs are apparently reeaally hard)

Anyways, best of luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0