yconic - Which program is HARDER, Schulich's iBBA or UofT's Rotman Commerce?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Which program is HARDER, Schulich's iBBA or UofT's Rotman Commerce?

A photo of RotmanCommerce12 RotmanCommerce12
I know that it depends on the individual and whether one is willing to work hard but in YOUR opinion, which do you think is harder to achieve a high GPA?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
bump
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mrcass32 mrcass32
Rotman Commerce by a long shot
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
I am sure it's Rotman. I work less than 1 hour per week per course in Schulich and still make it on the Dean's Honour List.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
However, be prepared for the language study in iBBA. For some people that's harder than building advance financial models and doing tax cases.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iMuffinsx3 iMuffinsx3

@MINTOK wrote
However, be prepared for the language study in iBBA. For some people that's harder than building advance financial models and doing tax cases.

How difficult were first year math courses at Schulich?
I haven't done math in a year because I finished my IB SL Math course in Grade 11 (School policy).

Since Schulich seems to graduate a lot of accountants, does this mean that I might have a hard time with math?

PS: I'm looking to enter the Marketing stream, so I wont be taking any of the upper-year financial courses.

Thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@iMuffinsx3 wrote

@MINTOK wrote

I haven't done math in a year because I finished my IB SL Math course in Grade 11 (School policy).

Since Schulich seems to graduate a lot of accountants, does this mean that I might have a hard time with math?

PS: I'm looking to enter the Marketing stream, so I wont be taking any of the upper-year financial courses.

Thank you!

First year you only have to take 1 math course, stats. My friends did the same IB program (didn't have math for 1 year) and for him stats was the most challenging course. He got B, but almost never studied except for the day before the midterm. In general, for marketing you don't need high mark, so don't worry too much about them.

My advice is too keep your options open, however. If you choose to switch to accounting or finance later, you need to maintain higher GPA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iMuffinsx3 iMuffinsx3

@MINTOK wrote

@iMuffinsx3 wrote

@MINTOK wrote

Thank you!

First year you only have to take 1 math course, stats. My friends did the same IB program (didn't have math for 1 year) and for him stats was the most challenging course. He got B, but almost never studied except for the day before the midterm. In general, for marketing you don't need high mark, so don't worry too much about them.

My advice is too keep your options open, however. If you choose to switch to accounting or finance later, you need to maintain higher GPA.

Oh god stats.

Okay! I saw your post on the Schulich social life thread, love the memes haha.
Just a quick question: Would you recommend Schulich over programs like Queens Commerce or Rotman? People have told me schools like Queens do a better job for fields like marketing or management, do you think this holds true?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@iMuffinsx3 wrote

@MINTOK wrote

@iMuffinsx3 wrote

@MINTOK wrote

Thank you!

Oh god stats.

Okay! I saw your post on the Schulich social life thread, love the memes haha.
Just a quick question: Would you recommend Schulich over programs like Queens Commerce or Rotman? People have told me schools like Queens do a better job for fields like marketing or management, do you think this holds true?

This is something you have to decide for yourself. Queen's might be better for some people while Schulich might be better for others (both are better than Rotman almost for all, however). Marketing program is definitely better at Schulich. Management is great at both schools.
Was this helpful? Yes 0