yconic - Which residence should i choose? UTSG
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Which residence should i choose? UTSG

A photo of Student89 Student89
So i'm wondering which University of Toronto St George residence i would be more interested in. For any current or past UTSG students, i would love to hear your opinion about residences available.
*I'm a transfer student, moving to UofT and wants to live in res. I don't 'really' want a meal plan but i'll take one if a res is really good. I'm looking for a suite/apartment style.
I've heard Innis and Woodworth are no meal plan and apartment, so how are they?
Are there programs that circulate around a certain res? I'm in the BA.

Any stand-outs?
Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of esin esin
ur applying next year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Student89 Student89
no, i'm accepted i just wanna know cause i sent my desire to be in rez.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of esin esin
A lot of the kids in Vic are in the arts programs. especially english.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KilgoreTrout KilgoreTrout
The residences at UofT, with the exception of 89 Chestnut, Grad House, and maybe a few others, are for the ArtSci people, so they all contain roughly half arts students, roughly half science students, and a few profac students thrown in for fun.

As for residences, the one that you get will largely depend on which college accepts you.

Innis and Woodsworth are suite style, and the rest are dormitory style. From my own personal experience, UC has good food, while St MIkes' food is sub-par. New and Trinity have decent food, but i've never had Vic's so i can't comment on it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0