yconic - WHICH SCHOOL HAS THE MOST SPIRIT AND FUN?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WHICH SCHOOL HAS THE MOST SPIRIT AND FUN?

A photo of LuceeMac LuceeMac
So im applying to University, and I want to know which school has the most spirit, great homecoming, and student participation! Im interested in everyones opinions!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
19 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Of Ontario universities, Western, Queen's, Laurier, and Guelph stand out in my mind as being "fun" universities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
For BC, I know UVic is supposed to be a good time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xXxUfacStorAxXx xXxUfacStorAxXx
University of Michigan.

But seriously, Western seems to be that 'fun', 'party' school. Not sure about particular events, but it has that rep of being that party school overall.

(And it is a good academic choice to, especially for Ivey and the Bio-Med sciences program is very popular among 'premeds')
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Western and Queen's are notorious for their homecoming weekends.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cmcneil92 cmcneil92
[size=9]LAURIER! [/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maggie2092 maggie2092

@LuceeMac wrote
So im applying to University, and I want to know which school has the most spirit, great homecoming, and student participation! Im interested in everyones opinions!!

STFX! It's a smaller (about 4000) universtity in Nova Scotia. BUT it won best frosh week in Canada.. People in the Maritimes really know how to have a good time. If you want a school with the best school spirit, it's hands down StFX.

Also, StFX has an X ring ceremony which is practically bigger than graduation. The X ring is the 3rd most recognized ring in the world (after the pope's and the superbowl ring)..

StFX has a homecoming that could kick any other homecoming's butt. haha. But they also hold really cool events throughout the year.. such as BURmac which is a res against res hockey game.

Honestly, if you're looking for a good time, consider this university!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DerrickMcKee DerrickMcKee

@maggie2092 wrote

@LuceeMac wrote

STFX! It's a smaller (about 4000) universtity in Nova Scotia. BUT it won best frosh week in Canada.. People in the Maritimes really know how to have a good time. If you want a school with the best school spirit, it's hands down StFX.

Also, StFX has an X ring ceremony which is practically bigger than graduation. The X ring is the 3rd most recognized ring in the world (after the pope's and the superbowl ring)..

StFX has a homecoming that could kick any other homecoming's butt. haha. But they also hold really cool events throughout the year.. such as BURmac which is a res against res hockey game.

Honestly, if you're looking for a good time, consider this university!

I agree, I've looked at a couple universities in NS and StFX by FAR has the bets spirit of any I've looked at. It's the XFactor that makes it the best. It's a smaller campus so like many smaller towns, most people know most people. I can't WAIT to be there next year!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sarahl23 sarahl23
It's really biased of me because I've only ever been to Queen's, but I really think that we have extreme amounts of fun.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jcise jcise
StFX!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Toronto. Alternatively, Waterloo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatmike chatmike

@LRooke wrote

This.

By far UW and U of T have the best spirit. Hands down. Especially if you're in math or engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@chatmike wrote

@LRooke wrote

This.

By far UW and U of T have the best spirit. Hands down. Especially if you're in math or engineering.

+1

But I actually am envious of engineers sometimes. They always seem to have some sort of exclusive cult-like spirit and traditions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@Zion wrote

@chatmike wrote

@LRooke wrote

This.

+1

But I actually am envious of engineers sometimes. They always seem to have some sort of exclusive cult-like spirit and traditions.

That they do. It's like a faculty-level fraternity to be honest.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of BillieJackson BillieJackson

@Respects wrote
I have a serious question. What are the most fun multicultural universities?

This would have to be University of Toronto or University of Waterloo again..

They have a unique range of asians from all over the world. There are canadian asians, american asians, asian asians, black asians, fat asians, dumb asians..

Oh I wish so, I could experience these Universities
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@BillieJackson wrote

@Respects wrote
I have a serious question. What are the most fun multicultural universities?

This would have to be University of Toronto or University of Waterloo again..

They have a unique range of asians from all over the world. There are canadian asians, american asians, asian asians, black asians, fat asians, dumb asians..

Oh I wish so, I could experience these Universities

Lol.

I'll recommend McGill. You never run out of things to do in Montreal, and the school has the most international students in Canada.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GoBarca GoBarca
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8bG1_SkX0k
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
WESTERNNNNNNNN
Was this helpful? Yes 0