yconic - Which School Is better to go to?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Which School Is better to go to?

A photo of NiruMan92 NiruMan92
So i narrowed it down to top 4 choices which are:

- Mcmaster: Business 1 (BCom)
- UTM: Commerce (BCom)
- Waterloo: Arts & Business Honours Economics co-op (BA)
- Laurier: Honours Economics (BA)

I am thinking of going into either Finance or Marketing if i were to go into commerce. Which school would be a better option of me? I will also be staying in residence.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Eliminate Waterloo

McMaster is decent, it does have the live trading floor, campus is pretty good

Laurier Honours Ec is pretty good, rule it out if you don't like economics, great atmosphere

UTM is probably the best of these 4, UofT name, campus doesn't score high marks

I don't think they are that far apart, so think about which school you would feel better at, which has the better campus/rez, etc. If I had to say UTM would be the best, so keep that in mind.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NiruMan92 NiruMan92
Yea Now its just between:

- Mcmaster Business 1 (BCom)
- UTM Commerce (BCom)

Either in Finance or Marketing. Most likely Ill branch of to Finance. I will stay in residence. Still having troubles on which to choose. I would like to know the Pros and Cons of each school and why one is better than the other.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@NiruMan92 wrote
Yea Now its just between:

- Mcmaster Business 1 (BCom)
- UTM Commerce (BCom)

Either in Finance or Marketing. Most likely Ill branch of to Finance. I will stay in residence. Still having troubles on which to choose. I would like to know the Pros and Cons of each school and why one is better than the other.

I'd choose McMaster...The school has a better vibe, it's a tad underrated, and their trading floor is pretty cool.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
If I were you, I would probably choose UTM. They are fairly similar though, so consider which program you will enjoy more, and which campus you feel is better for you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0