yconic - Which social work program is better?? (Ontario)
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Which social work program is better?? (Ontario)

A photo of Katarina101 Katarina101
I eventually want to work with Child Protective Services but Im not sure which program is better accredited and will lead me to the job. I want to apply to Ryerson (Social Work), York University (Social Work), Humber College (Bachelor in child and youth), Guelph-(Family and community social services).
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies
A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
Any Bachelor of Social Work program that is accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education is a good program and will give you the knowledge you need to be a competent social worker. If you graduate from ANY CASWE accredited program, you can become a Registered Social Worker.

The CAS doesn't favour any school over others because they know at all accredited Social Work programs are basically the same in quality. Keep in mind that they usually require a Master's degree in social work, not just a Bachelor's degree.
Was this helpful? Yes 1