yconic - Which University is better ?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Which University is better ?

A photo of anuruthiyaa anuruthiyaa
So far I'm having trouble choosing universities :(

i've applied and have got accepeted to
Waterloo - Honous Kin Co-op
UTSC - Human Biology
University of St.George - BioChem

Does anyone have any advice on any of these universites ? because i know that UTSC pretty much sucks, and that if i go into waterloo kin that i pretty much cant get a good life career =\ and that st.george is REALLY competitive
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of comebackkid comebackkid
Well, with Waterloo Kin Co-op you should be able to get a job right out of university, in the upcoming years. Some universities are predicting that Kinesiology is going to become a professional health care field in the upcoming years (maybe due to the obesity epidemic)... having a BScKin WITH placement experience might look very nice...

Do NOT go to UTSC, lol. I know that sounds bad, but it is my least favorite of the three U of T campuses, and I am making a biased judgement just because of the fact that I don't like it. UTM has a much more vibrant campus, and is rapidly expanding (just like my home town, Mississauga). UTSG is obviously the most prestigious of the three, but it is also the most competitive.

Here is a helpful tip: A LOT of the students who will be enrolled in UTSG Life Science next year (as every year) should not be there, so that should knock out about 50% of the competition already. Honestly though, you can survive as long as you put you 110% into everything you do. All Uni's teach the same thing first year, practically, all that changes between schools is the concentration of "competitive" students. As long as you study hard, and never give up, you will survive. After first year, it will honestly become the greatest University Experience you can have in all of Canada, matched with McGill. Personally I think UBC would be the best school in Canada due to location... but Macleans says otherwise.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@anuruthiyaa wrote
So far I'm having trouble choosing universities :(

i've applied and have got accepeted to
Waterloo - Honous Kin Co-op
UTSC - Human Biology
University of St.George - BioChem

Does anyone have any advice on any of these universites ? because i know that UTSC pretty much sucks, and that if i go into waterloo kin that i pretty much cant get a good life career =\ and that st.george is REALLY competitive

Ok, what boggles my mind is your claim that "I pretty much can't get a good life career if I go into Waterloo Kinesiology program". My question is, why did you apply to the program then? What is a good life career for you? Is it a career that satisfies your financial desires, or one that satisfies your mind? This post is the prime example of why one should apply to programs he/she likes, AND also why one should do research before applying to any program.

Nonetheless, if these are your only three options, I would recommend going to Waterloo for Kin. No need to downplay on UTSC (it's not a bad Uni by any means, and some individuals thrive to obtain admission there, thus, you are indirectly discriminating against them). On the other hand, St George is indeed competitive, however, if you enroll in the program with passion to do well, competitiveness should not be a concern. Waterloo offers a wonderful Kin program, and provides excellent coop opportunities. Thus, if you want to go straight in the work field after graduating from uni, coop experience (also consisting of contacts you make during your time) attained through Waterloo will be beneficial in finding a job in your "career of dreams/life".
Was this helpful? Yes 0