yconic - Which University!? (Uoft, Waterloo, Schulich , Ryerson)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Which University!? (Uoft, Waterloo, Schulich , Ryerson)

A photo of zaidpass zaidpass
Hey guys can you please help me decide what school to choose from. I have currently been accepted to;
-Nanotech engineering @ Waterloo,
-Materials Engineering @ Uoft,
-Biomedical Engineering @ Ryerson (Back up)
-iBBA for Schulich School of Business,
and I anticipate that I will be accepted to Rotman commerce @ Uoft
(during their mid-may offers).

I am confused to which university to pick since all of the program I applied to are amazing.

I am a very social person who likes to go out alot and meet knew people. I like to move around and have fun while I study. I am planning to go to all of the campuses to actually see the university.

I was hoping if there any people in these programs or similar ones, they can help me decide which program to go into.

One of the hardest descisions for me is to either choose business (iBBA) or Engineering. I have taken no business courses in high school so I am a bit confused. I for sure plan on doing my masters (most chances MBA) after my undergrad.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of g93 g93
If you are interested in engineering, go for that and do your MBA later if you want to. Don't drop your engineering dreams just to pursue a business career with little knowledge of what you want to do with it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

To be honest I don't know what my dreams are thats the sad part. I have been influenced all my life from family to be an engineer (since I'm brown!). That is why I have taken courses that will get me accepted to any program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Yah,thats what got me interested in iBBA as well.
I know Urdu, English (can read write French, understand it a bit but speaking I'm horrible at). I was planning on learning Arabic and going to Europse or Tokyo for my Exchange...somewhere which is completely different than Canada.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Yes I have, they have SOOO many choices it will be hard to decide. I wonder how hard the language courses will be for me.

English is my weakest subject. Do you know if we will have to constantly write essays throughout our 4 years? I hate essays.

That might factor my decision too.

I got a 93 in mid-terms but that was only because I had an easy teacher, other than that my mark in English should be in the low 80's for sure.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Thank you so much for your help!
I am learning Arabic more for personal preferences rather than Business preferences.
For business I think I'm going to continure speaking French and there are many countries I know that I can do an exchange in. Arabic , personally I am not really interested in exchange into any arabic speaking countries.
I just want to understand arabic because I am muslim, so it will help me out.

I am glad you know exactly what you want and you planned it out. I envy you (in a good way :) ) since I am unsure about many things.

Also, I looked into the drop out rate at Schulich and it was only 5 people. So I guess we have an intelligent bunch going in :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thank you so much for your help!
I am learning Arabic more for personal preferences rather than Business preferences.
For business I think I'm going to continure speaking French and there are many countries I know that I can do an exchange in. Arabic , personally I am not really interested in exchange into any arabic speaking countries.
I just want to understand arabic because I am muslim, so it will help me out.

I am glad you know exactly what you want and you planned it out. I envy you (in a good way :) ) since I am unsure about many things.

Also, I looked into the drop out rate at Schulich and it was only 5 people. So I guess we have an intelligent bunch going in :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
lol don't tell me this is Zaid Kazi =P? East York? Lmao just ignore this if you aren't.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

No this is not Zaid Kazi, its Zaid Rab :)

Yah I already looked at the first year courses and everything from before :P.

Money Never Sleeps was an amazing movie...those million dollar pay checks made me think about the business world <3
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
LMAO ZAID RAB? ahahaha Uja's bf?
sick :) She always told me you were a nerd =P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Not a nerd, just smart :)
and yah I'm Urooj's bf lol
who are you?
Was this helpful? Yes 0