yconic - Which University will give me the highest GPA for C.A.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Which University will give me the highest GPA for C.A.

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hi,
I am currently in grade 11 and my average is 96% overall and I am in the high school student parliament, eco club, improv team, I play for a my schools's soccer team, play basketball at the community centre on weekends, volunteer at a firm, and I am also a junior life guard.

Are the following courses ok for gr 12, as i want to become a CA and really like business:

Calculus
Advanced Functions
English
Accounting
International Business
Economics
Data Management

I want to take data in the summer, how hard is it?

Should I take it in normal semester, but that would mean 2 maths in one semester, pls give me some advice.

If I take data in normal semester then should I take English in the summer, since I want to have 1 spare each semester.

Pls advice me more advice if you think that the courses are balanced out or are they all very difficult.

can u also rate how difficult you think my next year would be from a scale from 1 to 10.

I also want to know that how difficult is uni for business degrees like BBA or BCOM. I love business and i read have read many books on banking, finance and economics in my free time. Pls advice me more as i want to be a CA and what you think about my marks and EC's.
thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of KingJW KingJW
Yeah but you will be put to the test especially with calculus & vectors.
Work your butt off for that one.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@asimayyaz wrote
Hi,
I am currently in grade 11 and my average is 96% overall and I am in the high school student parliament, eco club, improv team, I play for a my schools's soccer team, play basketball at the community centre on weekends, volunteer at a firm, and I am also a junior life guard.

Are the following courses ok for gr 12, as i want to become a CA and really like business:

Calculus
Advanced Functions
English
Accounting
International Business
Economics
Data Management

I want to take data in the summer, how hard is it?

Should I take it in normal semester, but that would mean 2 maths in one semester, pls give me some advice.

If I take data in normal semester then should I take English in the summer, since I want to have 1 spare each semester.

Pls advice me more advice if you think that the courses are balanced out or are they all very difficult.

can u also rate how difficult you think my next year would be from a scale from 1 to 10.

I also want to know that how difficult is uni for business degrees like BBA or BCOM. I love business and i read have read many books on banking, finance and economics in my free time. Pls advice me more as i want to be a CA and what you think about my marks and EC's.
thanks

If you want to maximize your marks, take ENG in the summer school. Data is as hard as you let it be.

The rating of the difficulty depends solely on the person. My scale is the not the same as your scale.

What advice are you looking for? All universities can give you the max GPA of 4. However, that's not the only thing you need to become a CA. For the designation, you only need an average of B+ in the 51 courses, so your GPA does not need to be that high. However, what would help is the critical thinking you can develop at university as well as employment with a great firm (since you would get a great CA training program at such a firm). So, your best bet of getting a high GPA would be to go to some unknown university which I can't even name because I don't know about it because it sucks and is not competitive. However, to have the best shot of becoming a CA, go to Schulich, Waterloo or Queen's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kiddinaround kiddinaround
I wouldn't take english in summer school. You should actually learn how to write, not just go for the easy mark.

You don't need a 96% average to be a CA... You can get into pretty much any program designed at getting your CA with a 90, maybe with the exception of Waterloo Math/CA. Your high school courses mean very little when applying to CATO firms as well. Your volunteer experience will help, but I got multiple big 4 offers based on my work experience and international volunteer experience, with an 82% average in university... You should focus on having more fun in high school if you're going into business. Unless you want to go to an ivy league school in the US, you are overachieving.

By the sounds of your interests in related business, it doesn't sound that the CA is exactly what you are looking for, especially for banking. Audit & Assurance or Tax will not satisfy your finance interest desires, most of the time. Yeah with the CA you take finance courses, which i absolutely love, but you should consider looking toward an economics or a finance concentration...
Was this helpful? Yes 0