yconic - Who applied for Social Work (BSW)??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Who applied for Social Work (BSW)??

A photo of Katarina101 Katarina101
I applied for Social Work at York, Ryerson, and Guelph-Humber. I already got early acceptance to York and Ryerson. If you get accepted, which one will you choose? I'm leaning more towards Ryerson because of the location and practicum, but feel free to ask questions and talk about the program :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

I'm guessing no one did :'( but anyways gonna bump it up just in case
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Karajustine26 Karajustine26
Hello, I have been accepted to the BSW program at York as well :). However, i am still waiting and hoping for Ryerson and Carleton!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Karajustine26 wrote
Hello, I have been accepted to the BSW program at York as well :). However, i am still waiting and hoping for Ryerson and Carleton!

Congratz, i've been comparing Ryerson and York recently, and found out that York is so much better for the BSW program. Theres much more courses offered and York seems more like a University, I'm so excited, Im officially attending York next year.

P.S. Whats your expected average for this year? I'm hoping for an 85, and this semester I definately made that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Thay Thay
I got accepted into lakehead but i want to go to windsor for the bsw in women studies not sure what me second choice is
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I just accepted my offer for York's Social Work program today!! Gaahh, I'm so excited. I get to pick my courses on April 16!! I cannot wait for September to come (watch me regret it after)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Karajustine26 Karajustine26
Congratulations on accepting your offer! I hear York is a really great school! Will you be living in residence there?
My only concern with York is that they only have practicum in the fourth year as opposed to other schools that offer it 3rd and fourth year. I could still end up there though :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Karajustine26 wrote
Congratulations on accepting your offer! I hear York is a really great school! Will you be living in residence there?
My only concern with York is that they only have practicum in the fourth year as opposed to other schools that offer it 3rd and fourth year. I could still end up there though :)

Thanks, I'm so excited!! Nah I'm going to be commuting like te rest of the school haha. I hate how they offer it only in fourth year but when you look at it, York will prepare students better than Ryerson plus there are way more courses to be offered.
Was this helpful? Yes 0