yconic - Who else got rejected by Waterloo AFM??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Who else got rejected by Waterloo AFM??

A photo of ninaaftermath ninaaftermath
Well... I just got receted by AFM-PA and I am in sort of a shock... My average is 90+ , i have excellent AIF and did fairly well on AFMAA. My friends with lower avg (low to mid 80s) and poor ECS have gotten in. I just don't think it's fair! I've gotten offers from Queen's commerce and Schulich.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
69 replies

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
Why are people so surprised they didn't get in? Suck it up. You weren't good enough. Life goes on. Don't compare yourself to others. It's one of the hardest programs to get into.

I am perfectly OK with saying that I did not get invited to the AFMAA (poor Grdae 11 Eng mark) and even if i did i probably wouldn't have got in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Was it even your first choice?
I'd feel bad for you if it was, but if it wasn't... does it matter? Plus it saves you the headache of debating between it and your second choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Daruki35 wrote
Was it even your first choice?
I'd feel bad for you if it was, but if it wasn't... does it matter? Plus it saves you the headache of debating between it and your second choice.

It was my first choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ono ono

@ninaaftermath wrote
Well... I just got receted by AFM-PA and I am in sort of a shock... My average is 90+ , i have excellent AIF and did fairly well on AFMAA. My friends with lower avg (low to mid 80s) and poor ECS have gotten in. I just don't think it's fair! I've gotten offers from Queen's commerce and Schulich.

did you even get FM?
cuz i got FM with a lower average than you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen
You got an offer from Queens. Go there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy
same situation, but i know that i did horrible on afmaa....lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ono wrote

@ninaaftermath wrote

did you even get FM?

I didnt even get an alternate offer... not even to arts&business :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster

@ninaaftermath wrote

@ono wrote

@ninaaftermath wrote

did you even get FM?

I didnt even get an alternate offer... not even to arts&business :(

That comes later supposedly. My friend wants to accept because they want to go to Waterloo soooo bad :)

And i live how you ignored what i said
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ToiTeam ToiTeam
Hmm, Yeah same here my buddy got accepted with a lower average than me. But i know that it is because of his strong literature skills, unlike myself.

However, I have not been rejected just no response from waterloo afm-pa.

Richard Ivey/Bmos - Accepted
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Didn't even qualify to write the AFMAA...REALLY REALLY Bad Advanced Functions Mark...Otherwise my average was 85 without advn functions...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Didn't even qualify to write the AFMAA...REALLY REALLY Bad Advanced Functions Mark...Otherwise my average was 85 without advn functions...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cupcake122 Cupcake122
I also got rejected 90 average, tonnes of EC, I think pretty good AFMAA. People in my school with lower averages and few ECs got in. Got accepted to Queen's.
I know exactly how you feel ninaftermath. I'm very upset right now, Waterloo was my first choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bossofbosses Bossofbosses
Marks don't mean everything. The AFMAA is marked subjectively. If you didn't get in, your essays did not meet their "standards."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bossofbosses wrote
Marks don't mean everything. The AFMAA is marked subjectively. If you didn't get in, your essays did not meet their "standards."

How much is the AFMAA weighted anyways?
Where are you going ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Cupcake122 wrote

@Bossofbosses wrote

Where are you going ?

From what I've heard, it's worth quite a bit (not really sure on the numbers).

Also, if you were expecting an alternate offer for AFM-FM because you didn't get into PA, you must take in account that people who applied to FM gets first priority, even if you're more qualified.

As to where I'm going, I've narrowed down to Queen's and AFM.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bossofbosses wrote

@Cupcake122 wrote

@Bossofbosses wrote

Where are you going ?

Also, if you were expecting an alternate offer for AFM-FM because you didn't get into PA, you must take in account that people who applied to FM gets first priority, even if you're more qualified.

Well then, hope to see you at Queen's!!!!!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Cupcake122 wrote

@Bossofbosses wrote

@Cupcake122 wrote

@Bossofbosses wrote

Where are you going ?

Yea:). Too bad both programs are expensive as hell.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bossofbosses wrote

@Cupcake122 wrote

@Bossofbosses wrote

@Cupcake122 wrote

@Bossofbosses wrote

Where are you going ?

Yea:). Too bad both programs are expensive as hell.

That is exactly why Waterloo was my first choice! Since co-op could help with the finances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tlee93 Tlee93
I'm in the same position as you guys, waterloo was my first choice as well. Guess our AFMAA's weren't that good? :( I'm picking between ivey and queen's now
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Tlee93 wrote
i'm in the same position as you guys... got into queen's and ivey as well

Did you get into Waterloo? How did you think you did on the AFMAA?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tlee93 Tlee93

@Cupcake122 wrote

@Tlee93 wrote

Sorry about the mixup, I meant I didn't get into waterloo, i think i did alright on the AFMAA, how about you?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Tlee93 wrote

@Cupcake122 wrote

@Tlee93 wrote

Sorry about the mixup, I meant I didn't get into waterloo, i think i did alright on the AFMAA, how about you?

I really felt good about it. I thought I had a better chance writing it on the spot, rather than ahead of time, like Queen's and Schulich. I guess they didn't like my writing style.
Do you think they would give me my mark if I called, or should I just suck it up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of danselikeme danselikeme
Same here..got rejected from Waterloo AFM..average 85with tons of ECS and over 300 volunteer hours..
it was my first choice but now im just waiting for wloo math to see if i got in!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tlee93 Tlee93

@Cupcake122 wrote

@Tlee93 wrote

@Cupcake122 wrote

@Tlee93 wrote

I really felt good about it. I thought I had a better chance writing it on the spot, rather than ahead of time, like Queen's and Schulich. I guess they didn't like my writing style.
Do you think they would give me my mark if I called, or should I just suck it up.

I guess if you really want to know why you got rejected it's worth a try. You've got Queen's though! It's a great program!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Tlee93 wrote

@Cupcake122 wrote

@Tlee93 wrote

@Cupcake122 wrote

@Tlee93 wrote

I guess if you really want to know why you got rejected it's worth a try. You've got Queen's though! It's a great program!

Thanks! Much more school spirit at Queen's!
Was this helpful? Yes 0