yconic - Who else is not going to Prom?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Who else is not going to Prom?

A photo of blurX blurX
Totally sick of people in my school talks about it all the time, it is almost as if there are no more parties after high school :puker: .

Sure I don't have a life for not going, not need for you guys to tell me about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
57 replies

A photo of chatmike chatmike
I'm going, but i'm pretty impartial over it.

It really doesn't matter man, its no big deal if you don't go.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen
I would go, just so I don't regret not going.
And I am going, so maybe I'm bias.
It's causing major drama in my school too, but no big.
You're not going to see 80% of these people in 2 months.
Just deal.
Of course, it's your choice. But just don't regret not going later.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
It's good to go, but bad to place enormous expectations on it (ITS GONNA BE THE BEST NIGHT OF OUR ENTIRE LIVESSSS!!!!!11!!).

Plus, it feels like half the people at my school just want to go to after prom and get drunk rather than go to the actual prom...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of itruffles itruffles
It's expensive, LOL
With ticket, dress, shoes, etc might as well plan a small trip with some friends
But I'm going just so I don't regret it like the above poster
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz
Instead of going to prom, I came home, studied hard, and then sat in my basement playing videogames for the rest of the night. It was amazing :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stranger Stranger
I'm going... Not cause I really wanted to but anyways..
I don't know anyone at my school who's that excited for prom.
I think it's a waste of money. I could make good use of that time, but I already paid for the (overpriced) ticket.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz

@Stranger wrote
I'm going... Not cause I really wanted to but anyways..
I don't know anyone at my school who's that excited for prom.
I think it's a waste of money. I could make good use of that time, but I already paid for the (overpriced) ticket.

Best advice I can offer: Sell the ticket and do what I did. Much more productive/entertaining.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Maci Maci
I'm going but I don't look at it as too much (maybe because I'm a guy) but there are others that hype it up way to much especially some girls. Like the above posters have said it really isn't that big of a deal anyways, your mostly likely not going to see 99% of your classmates again. I'm going just for the sake of going because everybody else at my school is. It's just a nice thing to do so your whole class can be together one last time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
I went to prom, and I enjoyed it (well, how can you not?)... but it is just a fun night. Nothing special, and it would really not be worth the money if it weren't one of those once-in-a-lifetime things.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
I'm not going. I had multiple invitations but there wasn't anyone I really wanted to go with, and I didn't see the point in going with only a group of friends either. It's just hype.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Zion wrote
I'm not going. I had multiple invitations but there wasn't anyone I really wanted to go with, and I didn't see the point in going with only a group of friends either. It's just hype.

This was my view on it, but I eventually got sucked in. The girl I'm taking kept dropping hints, and I knew she'd be f***in pissed if I didn't, so I guess I'm going now. I was considering selling my ticket and telling my friend to take her, somehow I don't see that working out too well.

It is just hype though. Not really worth the price.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
me.
200 dollars on an overpriced, overrated and pretentious dinner is just not worth it.
I don't see how I could ever end up regretting it either. Prom is only as important as you make it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
If you choose not to go to prom, you will NOT regret not going. I promise you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EastSideBoyz EastSideBoyz
Meh I hate the majority of "kids" in my grade... SO I'm not going..
However I will spend that day with a couple of close friends and we might go out to a place.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Fasih Fasih
I'm going cause my friends are forcing me to :)

It's really expensive though. $100 for a ticket, along with suit costs, I'm not going to have money for more important things, like video games :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
I'm not going. I don't see much point, it's pricey, and it seems to be over-hyped.
The only reasons to go people give are: "omg you have to go it's prom, everyone goes!"

and I knew she'd be f***in pissed if I didn't

Lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jenifertruong jenifertruong
My prom was last friday...the 13th lol. It was actually pretty good. The party bus and after party were more fun than the prom itself but it's still a nice time. I did tell myself to not fuss over prom too much and just have a good time -- really, do not set expectations too high. ps. i do agree -- it get's annoying it seems to be the only topic people are talking about. it will pass though! hang in there :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
A: I don't know any of the kids in my grade.

B: It's highly likely that I'll be in Chicago on prom night.

C: I'm not interested on shooting cocaine in the bathrooms or knocking back bottle after bottle of cheap booze.

Therefore, it can be reasonably assumed that I'm not going.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@LRooke wrote

shooting cocaine

???
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
I presume that's how one uses cocaine. Cocaine, Heroin, Marijuana, they're all the same.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen

@LRooke wrote
I presume that's how one uses cocaine. Cocaine, Heroin, Marijuana, they're all the same.

Don't you..smoke Marijuana? Downtown Toronto is always filled with the smoke.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
The point is don't do drugs and stay in school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke

@PaperPen wrote

@LRooke wrote

I'm never stepping foot into Toronto again!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@LRooke wrote

@PaperPen wrote

@LRooke wrote

I'm never stepping foot into Toronto again!

You may as well add the rest of the world to the list while you're at it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0