yconic - Who here will accept more than 1 offer?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center



Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Who here will accept more than 1 offer?

A photo of asian123 asian123
I want to accept McGill's offer and Laurier's as a backup (in case anything goes wrong in my final exams, ill find out my results and make my final decision in July 7)


Is anyone else planning this as well?

Btw, im taking the IB diploma and was accepted with a preditced score of 36/42 points.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies
 
A photo of Chara Chara
Is that even possible?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Chara wrote
Is that even possible?


Maybe, if it was an Ontario school you couldn't because OUAC just allows one, but seeing as that's Quebec, you might actually be able to
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of lmao lmao
I'm going to accept McGill on Minerva and probably Schulich or Queen's on OUAC just in case I don't meet the requirements for McGill I can still have schulich or Queen's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of heesoup heesoup
oh tricky tricky...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of prefontaine prefontaine
go make some more topics bro... your independance is actually disgusting. make an intelligent choice and go with it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of IanSharer IanSharer

@lmao wrote
I'm going to accept McGill on Minerva and probably Schulich or Queen's on OUAC just in case I don't meet the requirements for McGill I can still have schulich or Queen's.



Er, you won't know until the end of June if you've met their requirements, at which point you would've already have had to enroll and pay a deposit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of g93 g93
If you're not confident that you will meet the requirements, you are going into the wrong program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of NerdmobileDriver NerdmobileDriver

@prefontaine wrote
go make some more topics bro... your independance is actually disgusting. make an intelligent choice and go with it.


I think you mean [lack of] independence, or dependence. You also spelled it wrong.

And OP, I originally sympathized with you because I was also confused by the ambiguous "admitted-pending final results," but your insecurity is getting ridiculous. If you can't be consoled by your first thread, starting another 50 won't help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of smarty1 smarty1
I was gonna ask for lolzz if we could actually accept an offer on OUAC in addition to McGill on Minerva lmao.

If it is possible to accept two offers, then I don't see anything wrong in doing that as long as there is not a risk factor behind it.

However, I feel like it's very risky. Wouldn't there be a clash and all... when we fill OSAP and such? Just wondering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of KarZ KarZ
My parents want me to accept my admissions to SFU in case UBC gives me admission and retracts it (they're paranoid it'll happen just because it happened to a family friend, even though they don't even know what the percentage drop was...)

They're going to put down the $250 deposit to accept, then retract it once I know for sure I'm going to UBC
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of mutuba mutuba

@KarZ wrote
My parents want me to accept my admissions to SFU in case UBC gives me admission and retracts it (they're paranoid it'll happen just because it happened to a family friend, even though they don't even know what the percentage drop was...)

They're going to put down the $250 deposit to accept, then retract it once I know for sure I'm going to UBC



I don't think that's really necessary. It's very rare for UBC to give out admissions past June 1. The people who get admissions after that are really the last of the last. You should at least wait a bit before you choose to do that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of KarZ KarZ

@mutuba wrote

@KarZ wrote
My parents want me to accept my admissions to SFU in case UBC gives me admission and retracts it (they're paranoid it'll happen just because it happened to a family friend, even though they don't even know what the percentage drop was...)

They're going to put down the $250 deposit to accept, then retract it once I know for sure I'm going to UBC



I don't think that's really necessary. It's very rare for UBC to give out admissions past June 1. The people who get admissions after that are really the last of the last. You should at least wait a bit before you choose to do that.



My parents don't listen to me...
Anytime I bring up something logical they just go lalalalalala
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Uh, no
Was this helpful? Yes 0