yconic - Who is your favorite artist?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Who is your favorite artist?

A photo of Iamblessed Iamblessed
Post and share your favorite artist.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
22 replies

A photo of Iamblessed Iamblessed
Chris August and King of Leons
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Lady Gaga, 3OH!3, Lil Wayne, Drake, T.I.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Salvador Dali.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Van Gogh
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly

@oliviacitygirl wrote

I'm trying to figure out if you're joking.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan
Escher. :bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HeroOfCanton HeroOfCanton
Ilya Repin.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of university18 university18
Henri Mattise. Although his works may not be that highly recognized as Picasso's and Michelangelo's, Mattise can still be considered as an artist whom is "up there". The reason being that he draws/ paints out of a more simplistic view of the world yet his works lack the realism that Michelangelo's work and Leonardo Davinci's works consist of. Despite this though, his work brings "colour" into life with modernistic aspects that help to draw out the works of those artists mentioned above to bring more creativity to life.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq

@prmly wrote

@oliviacitygirl wrote

What's wrong with her selections? It's not like she said Justin Beiber
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of raptors12 raptors12
Tech N9ne, Sars, Canibus, Conspiracy of Minds, Dead Prez, Gift of Gab, Mos Def, Aidonia, Vybz Kartel, Eminem and couple other underground rappers.

oh lol didn't notice that everyone posted about actual artists (as in painters). Assumed it was artists as in musical artists.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Qq wrote

@prmly wrote

@oliviacitygirl wrote

The OP mentioned in the title about artists, then posted about musical artists (should have specified more in the title, IMO) when everyone else posted actual artists (painters). I do like those musical artists, but I knew that this post was about artists who paint, draw, sketch so in that perspective, yes, I was joking.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@oliviacitygirl wrote

@Qq wrote

@prmly wrote

@oliviacitygirl wrote

The OP mentioned in the title about artists, then posted about musical artists (should have specified more in the title, IMO) when everyone else posted actual artists (painters). I do like those musical artists, but I knew that this post was about artists who paint, draw, sketch so in that perspective, yes, I was joking.

Liar. Just admit you weren't.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Who the heck cares about art. Splatter some paint on a paper and they call it abstract
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Qq wrote
Who the heck cares about art. Splatter some paint on a paper and they call it abstract

I never understood how they could mark our abstract paintings back in Grade 8 :alien:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@leviaidan wrote

@oliviacitygirl wrote

@Qq wrote

@prmly wrote

@oliviacitygirl wrote

Liar. Just admit you weren't.

I'm not a liar. I'm being honest. But you're entitled to your own opinion.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken

@oliviacitygirl wrote

@Qq wrote

@prmly wrote

@oliviacitygirl wrote

actually, the only post before yours was about musical artists. Fail. I knew the thread was meant to be about musical artists but I decided to attempt a threadjack to visual arts and people followed suit :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xoxokat xoxokat
Musical artist? There's a lot but I like Kid Cudi at the moment
Painter? Edgar Degas
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jasminrisk jasminrisk
Gustav Klimt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of samuelrodgers samuelrodgers
L.S. Lowry. He's an English painter. I visited England quite a while back and during my stay I went to an exhibit of his and just fell in love with it all. It goes from the humble paintings of busy streets http://helenperkins.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/ls-lowry-a-procession-91507.jpg to beautiful portraits http://www.brianmicklethwait.com/culture/lowry.jpg
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of samuelrodgers samuelrodgers
L.S. Lowry. He's an English painter. I visited England quite a while back and during my stay I went to an exhibit of his and just fell in love with it all. It goes from the humble paintings of busy streets http://helenperkins.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/ls-lowry-a-procession-91507.jpg to beautiful portraits http://www.brianmicklethwait.com/culture/lowry.jpg
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cassyjames cassyjames
As far as musical artist goes, the Barenaked Ladies!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AimForTheStars AimForTheStars
Eminem<3
Was this helpful? Yes 0