yconic - Why does nobody like winter? If you have a sled (snowmobile for those city slickers)...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Why does nobody like winter? If you have a sled (snowmobile for those city slickers)...

A photo of norcorider norcorider
Winter is amazing if you have a sled. I'm looking for one right now. My brother has a Ski-doo Summit 670 and its such an awesome sled! Plus I just love snow anyway. People say they like summer 'cause its hot. Does that mean I have to say i like winter 'cause it's cold?!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
19 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Sledding, skiing/snowboarding, pond hockey - that's about all winter's got going for it.

Sea-dooing, water-skiing/wakeboarding, road hockey/inline - basically the same things but done in the summer. What else can you do in the summer? Sit out side pleasantly, swim, bask in the sun, do pretty much anything outside comfortably. In the winter, I try to minimize my time outside; in the summer, I try to minimize my time inside. It's just natural for us to enjoy the outdoors and feel indifferent about the indoors. There's nothing I can think of that beats doing watersports for the day, lying on a boat basking in the intense sun rays, docking at and eating in a pub on the water, and then doing watersports again as the sun sets. God, I can't wait for summer <- I've been saying that since last Labour Day.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Sledding, skiing/snowboarding, pond hockey - that's about all winter's got going for it.

Sea-dooing, water-skiing/wakeboarding, road hockey/inline - basically the same things but done in the summer. What else can you do in the summer? Sit out side pleasantly, swim, bask in the sun, do pretty much anything outside comfortably. In the winter, I try to minimize my time outside; in the summer, I try to minimize my time inside. It's just natural for us to enjoy the outdoors and feel indifferent about the indoors. There's nothing I can think of that beats doing watersports for the day, lying on a boat basking in the intense sun rays, docking at and eating in a pub on the water, and then doing watersports again as the sun sets. God, I can't wait for summer <- I've been saying that since last Labour Day.

This.
Summer's alright, I guess.
It's only really exciting if/when it snows.
Otherwise, it's just rain 24/7 here in Vancouver, sucks when you have to make a trek to school every morning and back home every afternoon in the cold and rain.
Though I do love hitting the slopes and skiing.
Can't waitttt to do that this spring break.
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I actually love summer. Some people get SAD (Seasonal Affectiveness Disorder, which usually means they get depressed, to some extent, during the winter); I get what could be described as summer euphoria. I feel so good all the time during the summer. It's basically like a drug for me. Why I moved to the land of winter (Edmonton) is beyond me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^
Definitely agree.
I get so depressed and moody in the winter. Doesn't help that I'm a girl LOL. MAJOR PMS.
:batman:
I actually can't wait till summer either, hopefully I actually get off my butt and do something meaningful.
Definitely one thing I'm going to miss next year when I get to Edmonton.. summers won't be the same....
Though I do have friends in Alb and they say that it gets quite hot over there, even hotter than it is here in BC. But I guess it depends on what region in Alb it is.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah, southern Alberta (Lethbridge, Medicine Hat) gets pretty hot during the summer, but it's dry heat. Northern Alberta (Edmonton and up) would be a lot like coastal BC during the summer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
winter is meh. summer is uber meh. spring ftw.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lbowman lbowman
coming from northern ontario I love the winter. there are so many great things to do outside!!

but there are also many amazing things to do in the summer too!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kraken wrote

FTL.
Hate Spring, all the rain >: (
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Love winter when it first comes because my favourite sports are all winter ones (figure skating, snowboarding). And because of the snow. But by February, I'm tired of winter and just want to stop wearing down jackets. I want to go outside in a cardigan and not have to wear scarf/hat/mittens.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@cyynthiia wrote

@kraken wrote

FTL.
Hate Spring, all the rain >: (

I have to agree. It's probably cause we're from the west coast so we get a disgusting amount of rain.

I like summer the most, but I enjoy fall and winter too. Any temperature between -5 and 25 is good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
It's just Canada's weather in general that ticks everyone off

Winters are too cold and summers are too hot, some days in the spring are perfect though
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I personally like fall and summer. I don't like winter and I'm from an area where everyone snowmobiles/skates/plays hockey. I don't like the cold and I don't like when it gets slushy in the winter and everything is dirty.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
i like rain.

right now my driveway is ice+slush+mud+puddle... not cool. go away icy slushy grossness.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Too cold is better than too hot.

Where's the Autumn love?! Spring is nice, but it smells like poopoo.

:tongue:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^ No way! There's no such thing as too hot. I'd take a dry +40 or humid +30 over -30 any day of the week. How can anyone like it when it's literally painful just to walk from your house to your car? When it's minus 30 out, I don't want to do anything other than sit inside; when it's a humid plus 30, I may not want to run a marathon, but I'd LOVE to sit on the beach.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of milanicovich milanicovich
Winter is great if you just have something to do. I'd take really cold weather over really hot weather any day. Oh yeah: I'M FROM WINNIPEG.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@milanicovich wrote
Winter is great if you just have something to do. I'd take really cold weather over really hot weather any day. Oh yeah: I'M FROM WINNIPEG.

+ 1 (although I'm not from Winnipeg)

Two words: Pond Hockey :hockey:

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of norcorider norcorider
pond hockey is awesome. I sure hope winter keeps a coming till like May or something
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
I like winter for the first month or four, but I must say I'm glad spring is arriving.
Was this helpful? Yes 0