yconic - Why is there no chemistry/biology requirement for uoft psychology bsc?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Why is there no chemistry/biology requirement for uoft psychology bsc?

A photo of xoblackout xoblackout
http://webapps.utsc.utoronto.ca/admissions/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89

The psychology program at UTSC doesn't require chem/bio background, nor does it even recommend it! Do you have to take chemistry for that program in university? I don't understand why they didn't put these courses under "recommended courses pre-req"

Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
To be honest, I'm not sure because UTM and UTSG both recommend Biology, I don't know why each campus has different admission requirements. Even though it's not required I'm still taking Biology just to have some prep for first year.

To answer your question, no, you're not required to take any Chemistry or Biology in the program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Medic93 wrote
To be honest, I'm not sure because UTM and UTSG both recommend Biology, I don't know why each campus has different admission requirements. Even though it's not required I'm still taking Biology just to have some prep for first year.

To answer your question, no, you're not required to take any Chemistry or Biology in the program.

But how do you know that there are no chemistry requirements for the program?
It's just that I'm really weak in chemistry and I don't want to go into that program (and instead go for a BA) if chemistry is involved. I enjoy biology, though.

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@xoblackout wrote

@Medic93 wrote

It's just that I'm really weak in chemistry and I don't want to go into that program (and instead go for a BA) if chemistry is involved. I enjoy biology, though.

Thanks!

LOL, Trust me, if you don't then there was no point of you asking people on this forum.

There is no Chemistry requirement for any Psychology courses, and same goes for the Neuroscience courses (NOT PROGRAM, but courses)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@Medic93 wrote

@xoblackout wrote

@Medic93 wrote

Thanks!

LOL, Trust me, if you don't then there was no point of you asking people on this forum.

There is no Chemistry requirement for any Psychology courses, and same goes for the Neuroscience courses (NOT PROGRAM, but courses)

@xoblackout -if you are doubting the info Medic93 is giving (though I think she knows what she is talking about) , then you should check out the program/course req. Everything is there on their website.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Not doubting, but double checking.
But thanks guys.
Was this helpful? Yes 0