yconic - Why you shouldn't choose Queen's Commerce
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Why you shouldn't choose Queen's Commerce

A photo of CMA2014 CMA2014
You have no credibility on this forum anymore. You constantly attempt to lead people into the wrong direction and misguide them. TROLL!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
19 replies

A photo of DeMarcus DeMarcus
You have no credibility on this forum anymore. You constantly attempt to lead people into the wrong direction and misguide them. TROLL!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
I'll stick with Sprott Shaw Community College then
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
so do you still think laurier is worse than queens? *raised eyebrow* :/ i dont know how much to trust what you said in the other thread now-------------
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
hehehe windsongs4 is such a qt.
and i agree with demarcus =p
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thewright thewright

@CMA2014 wrote
Because you'll absolutely HATE your life.

1. Team assignments - everything will be done in groups, except for examinations. Papers, assignments, projects, and presentations will all be done in groups. It can be a pain in the arse to find the appropriate time and location for these group meetings, meeting all the internal group deadlines, and dealing with group members that don't put in the 110% effort. The worst part is that the amount of work assigned is so much, that you actually HAVE to work in groups and form synergy in order to be successful.

2. The workload - You'll often find 3~4 assignments due in the same week, with countless quizzes and tests, and presentations. You will have no time to have fun during these times, and while your artsci friends are going out for drinks, you will be meeting up with your group members until 2am to finish that marketing case, or bdm assignment, or hrm arbitration exercise. You'll hate yourlife, and you'll hate JP. You will also look at the amount of work that your friends at McMaster and Laurier have, and will question why Queen's makes you do so much more work!

3. Other assorted B.S. you have to go through - You are forced to attend various workshops in order to graduate from the program. This means sitting through 2 hours of B.S. about proper business etiquettes, or how to ace your consulting case interviews, or how to differentiate your resume and cover letter. Your peers will also pressure you into attending various conferences with corporate recruiters, and highly-demanded speakers. While you're going through all these B.S., your friends at Laurier or McMaster will be at night clubs, dancing the night away.

4. High expectations and competition - With the average entrance grade of 92.5%, pretty much everybody at the commerce program at Queen's were top students in high school. Also, with the reputation that Queen's has for academic excellence, your peers, profs, and family will be expecting you to do well. So while your friends at Laurier and McMaster won't be judged by others for barely passing, you'll be looked as kind of odd and slow if you do bad at Queen's. Also, with so many elite firms coming to recruit from Queen's, you feel kinda bad if you don't get a good job, because you feel incompetent not being able to get a good job despite the overwhelming amount of elite recruiting at Queen's.

Honestly, I could go on and go on. The bottom line is, you'll hate yourself at Queen's, so I recommend you go to McMaster and Laurier, where you'll have a great undergraduate experience!

Where's that shirtless picture of yourself you promised me? I'm dieing to see those abs..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Super Super

@CMA2014 wrote
Because you'll absolutely HATE your life.

1. Team assignments - everything will be done in groups, except for examinations. Papers, assignments, projects, and presentations will all be done in groups. It can be a pain in the arse to find the appropriate time and location for these group meetings, meeting all the internal group deadlines, and dealing with group members that don't put in the 110% effort. The worst part is that the amount of work assigned is so much, that you actually HAVE to work in groups and form synergy in order to be successful.

2. The workload - You'll often find 3~4 assignments due in the same week, with countless quizzes and tests, and presentations. You will have no time to have fun during these times, and while your artsci friends are going out for drinks, you will be meeting up with your group members until 2am to finish that marketing case, or bdm assignment, or hrm arbitration exercise. You'll hate yourlife, and you'll hate JP. You will also look at the amount of work that your friends at McMaster and Laurier have, and will question why Queen's makes you do so much more work!

3. Other assorted B.S. you have to go through - You are forced to attend various workshops in order to graduate from the program. This means sitting through 2 hours of B.S. about proper business etiquettes, or how to ace your consulting case interviews, or how to differentiate your resume and cover letter. Your peers will also pressure you into attending various conferences with corporate recruiters, and highly-demanded speakers. While you're going through all these B.S., your friends at Laurier or McMaster will be at night clubs, dancing the night away.

4. High expectations and competition - With the average entrance grade of 92.5%, pretty much everybody at the commerce program at Queen's were top students in high school. Also, with the reputation that Queen's has for academic excellence, your peers, profs, and family will be expecting you to do well. So while your friends at Laurier and McMaster won't be judged by others for barely passing, you'll be looked as kind of odd and slow if you do bad at Queen's. Also, with so many elite firms coming to recruit from Queen's, you feel kinda bad if you don't get a good job, because you feel incompetent not being able to get a good job despite the overwhelming amount of elite recruiting at Queen's.

Honestly, I could go on and go on. The bottom line is, you'll hate yourself at Queen's, so I recommend you go to McMaster and Laurier, where you'll have a great undergraduate experience!

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greatwallpaul greatwallpaul
CMA2014, get off this forum

Why do you spend your time trolling high schoolers instead of enjoying your Queens "student experience"?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jason202 Jason202
well queens commerce is one of the best business schools~

people who want to go to queens are expecting challenges and competitions.

it is expected really ~ so whether you were sarcastic or not~

good or bad experience~ this post is not helpful and it may misguide some people.

the ultimate reason for most people going to university is to study what they want

and to achieve the dream career ~

4 years of hardships shouldnt be the reason to not go to the university you want
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kulinkachhadia kulinkachhadia

@Windsongs4 wrote
so do you still think laurier is worse than queens? *raised eyebrow* :/ i dont know how much to trust what you said in the other thread now-------------

Honestly take any opinion but CMA2014's. He's simply a troll who attempts to feel adequate by bashing on others and misleading them. He's exactly the kind of man I would hate to see in the business world but what can you do.

Laurier would be lucky to have you Windsong. I've seen you around this forum a lot and have grown to respect you. Take some unbiased opinions on the matter. Goodluck and I truly do hope to see you at WLU.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of viii viii
Ahaahah, he's not so bad once you learn to accept it. It's entertaining every once in a while to read through his posts. He's the biggest troll on these boards right now and doing a pretty good job at it :P

Every so often though, he does have valid advice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kulinkachhadia kulinkachhadia

@viii wrote
Ahaahah, he's not so bad once you learn to accept it. It's entertaining every once in a while to read through his posts. He's the biggest troll on these boards right now and doing a pretty good job at it :P

Every so often though, he does have valid advice.

QFT :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@CMA2014 wrote

@Windsongs4 wrote

this thread is meant to be sarcastic, in case you didn't realize.

ya- my bad, I didn't realize that I was so important you had to start a new thread just for me! Thanks so much~
>:D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony
This post is so clearly ironic...

I mean... you are going to get group assignments at any university. That's good prep for the real world when you need to work with your colleagues. The many assignments - well this is debatable, because I have had exchange students from prestigious universities tell me that Canadian university is no harder in terms of material, simply there are many more assignments. Those workshops sound quite helpful, and really... complaining about elite recruiting on campus? Come on.

I don't even go to Queen's (though I was accepted there), but that's how every top business school will be. If you get offended by this post and feel misguided and confused, I seriously question how you even got accepted to QC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
Hey SAF,

I have a feeling I know who CMA2014 is, and lol...I could tell why he is having a horrible experience. By the way he doesn't want to be a CMA at all and is those guys that are into investment banking...

Though I agree that this program pushes you really hard, you will have an absolute blast here if you work hard during the week. I get time to go out Fridays and Saturdays every week and go to Ale or Stages and have a blast with my friends.

The first two years in this program is intense, but by the time you land a job..you go on exchange and during 4th year you just get to be a boss being mentors to 1st years.

Queen's Commerce is great and I never had so much fun in my life.

Please don't take into CMA2014s comment, he's a socially awkward guy trust me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
Exposed!! ^
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx

@goldmansachs wrote
Hey SAF,

I have a feeling I know who CMA2014 is, and lol..

It's pretty obvious and I don't even go to QC lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0