yconic - Wilfred Laurier University
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Wilfred Laurier University

A photo of stacey555 stacey555
Opinions on Laurier?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Average uni. Respectable business program...Celebrating their centennial...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Awesome
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of peterv peterv
comprehensive coop business program, joint uWaterloo programs
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mercenary mercenary
Dude u spelt it wrong....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@mercenary wrote
Dude u spelt it wrong....

I missed that.

OP you might want to change that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
Decent university with great campus spirit. They seem to be putting A LOT of emphasis on their business school though, which is great if you're a business student, but crappy if you're not. It's a major reason why I've decided against going there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cmcneil92 cmcneil92
Hey I am just finishing up my first year at Laurier, feel free to ask me any questions you need. I absolutely love it here, and I'm not a business student lol. Laurier is very friendly, and the city of Waterloo is amazing. Ask me any questions you need :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nadia93 nadia93
i went to the march break open house and i thought the campus was REALLY run down and the students looked really careless. i got a really bad vibe when i was there, compared to u of t or ottawa, laurier was too small and boring. i didn't like it. and waterloo is super boring.. unless you like small places with not much to do. i was born and raised in toronto so i think i'm too used to big, multicultural cities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@nadia93 wrote
i went to the march break open house and i thought the campus was REALLY run down and the students looked really careless. i got a really bad vibe when i was there, compared to u of t or ottawa, laurier was too small and boring. i didn't like it. and waterloo is super boring.. unless you like small places with not much to do. i was born and raised in toronto so i think i'm too used to big, multicultural cities.

There's only 10 areas in Canada with more people than KW.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@nadia93 wrote

It was the day after St. Paddy's, what did you expect the campus to be, pristine?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sabby597 sabby597

@cmcneil92 wrote
Hey I am just finishing up my first year at Laurier, feel free to ask me any questions you need. I absolutely love it here, and I'm not a business student lol. Laurier is very friendly, and the city of Waterloo is amazing. Ask me any questions you need :)

Hey, i saw ur post somewhere that you're a french major at laurier? :) well i'm planning to major in French as well and was wondering how the program is?? how's waterloo? is the atmosphere good? thanks for your help :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@sabby597 wrote

@cmcneil92 wrote

Hey, i saw ur post somewhere that you're a french major at laurier? :) well i'm planning to major in French as well and was wondering how the program is?? how's waterloo? is the atmosphere good? thanks for your help :)

Hey! Yeah it's really awesome here :) The program is pretty good... Most of the French classes are pretty small, espescially once you get into the higher levels, so there's a lot of one on one time with the prof. Also, for the program you have to take some French culture classes and I took one this year and I adore it... the language profs are so passionate about what they do. Waterloo is such a great city, there's a lot to do and it's really easy to get around. The city really caters to students, they are pretty easygoing about a lot of things and the transit system is great. The atmosphere at Laurier is very friendly... everyone is so nice and holds doors open for each other and things. After the first month or so, I couldn't walk from my rez to the dining hall without seeing someone I knew. It's so awesome.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^

sounds awesome :D...but so many choices :S...Laurier's definitely a top choice though :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@sabby597 wrote
^

sounds awesome :D...but so many choices :S...Laurier's definitely a top choice though :)

Yeah my advice is just to visit as many of the places you applied to as you can... you kind of just get a feel when a place is right!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cmcneil92 wrote

@sabby597 wrote
^

Yeah my advice is just to visit as many of the places you applied to as you can... you kind of just get a feel when a place is right!

Yeah, i've visited all the places that i applied to and they were all really great :)...for me, right now it's just about the program: whether to take concurrent education or not :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0