yconic - Wilfrid Laurier First year easy electives
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Wilfrid Laurier First year easy electives

A photo of Dhruv61 Dhruv61
MA129. And here are my courses.
EC-101
BU-121
GG-102 (human geo)
SY-101 (intro to sociology)
EC-120
BU-111
CP-102
AS-101 (astronomy)
AN-101 (anthropology)

Do any of these courses seem hard? And I want to major in marketing or finance. But what my question is which math do i have to take if i wanna go into finance? i took MA129
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
MA129 is fine for finance. Just to take the finance course(s) in third year you need a stats course I think as a pre-requisite (or MA110/103)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Username81 wrote
MA129 is fine for finance. Just to take the finance course(s) in third year you need a stats course I think as a pre-requisite (or MA110/103)

So is it okay if i take MA103 or MA110 in second year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Dhruv61 wrote

@Username81 wrote

You can't take MA110 but technically you could take MA103 with MA129...There's no point though unless you want to minor in math or something.

You can take MA129 and still take all the finance courses in third and fourth year, you just need to take a 3rd year stats course as a pre-requisite. I'm choosing that route lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

ohh. thank you soo much! and do u think the courses (mainly the electives) are easy? becuase i want a high GPA the first year becuase i want to transfer to BBA the2nd year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I don't know about anything AN101 so not too sure. The other ones I've heard are bird courses though (chose some myself).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

cool cool! thanks alot for your help :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Btw do you think Global studies would be an easy course? or mediterenian studies?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MoosterM MoosterM
Im done year 2 bba. Easy electives = an101, as101, gg101, gg102, cp102.
Generally, most electives arent that bad. Worry about bba stuff is my advice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of claudiapedraza claudiapedraza
Hi! im having a really hard time choosing my math classes, i really like math but ive been hearing MA 103 is really hard, is that true?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jantflek jantflek

@Username81 wrote

@Dhruv61 wrote

@Username81 wrote

You can't take MA110 but technically you could take MA103 with MA129...There's no point though unless you want to minor in math or something.

You can take MA129 and still take all the finance courses in third and fourth year, you just need to take a 3rd year stats course as a pre-requisite. I'm choosing that route lol.

I'm going into 3rd year laurier business, and I do not recall you needing a 3rd year stats course to do finance in 4th year. You need to take 2 accounting elective courses to go into accounting 4th year, but as long as you take the two required finance courses in 3rd year I'm pretty sure you can take all finance courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@jantflek wrote

@Username81 wrote

@Dhruv61 wrote

@Username81 wrote

I'm going into 3rd year laurier business, and I do not recall you needing a 3rd year stats course to do finance in 4th year. You need to take 2 accounting elective courses to go into accounting 4th year, but as long as you take the two required finance courses in 3rd year I'm pretty sure you can take all finance courses.

Username81 was referring to financial math courses I believe, and I believe there is a 2nd or 3rd year stats course that serves as a prerequisite to the upper year financial math courses (and MA170 - Mathematics for Finance - doesn't, kinda stupid in a way)
Was this helpful? Yes 0